Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

04 Wolverine dies randomly

Old 01-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 Wolverine dies randomly

I've been plowing a lot of snow recently. Yesterday and today things started getting weird with my 04 Wolverine. I'll be backing up, then I'll stop to shift back into first gear and everything totally dies. The engine stops, the lights turn off, and I get no response from anything. Sometimes I can pull-start it to get it going again, but not all the time.

I installed a new battery and it's still testing fine, so that's not the issue. It'll start right up too when I first go out to use it. It only does this after riding around for a few minutes. I found that if I jiggle the negative battery cable the electrical will go in and out. The connection seems secure though and I don't think I've done anything that would have pulled anything out of place, but obviously something is up.

I've checked all the fuses I can find and nothing seems amiss. Also this may tell you a bit about my technical skill with this machine, but could someone remind me of where to find the spark plug? I've looked in the manual and then on the engine and for the life of me I can't figure out where it is.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Ithink top right of engine is spark plug....