Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

any one got a durablue banshee axel on there raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 01:15 PM
jad
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dstevens, how do you like your burgard a-arms i just ordered a pair because I did not want to pay 800 for lonestar. how was the installation? Thanks.

Old 03-13-2001, 12:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am still waiting on a Durablue axle, lucky for me Cycle Pro's is doing an even swap for a Lonestar. Despite all the flames about the Lonestar being +5,Lonestar asures me that their axles are only +3, so I will lose 2 in. of width, but at least the axle will be centered in the carrier. It is true, the Lonestar will bend and the Durablue will break. After riding a broken axle landing out , I would rather have one bend. Durablue's Pro rated axles are $175 and after Durablue assured me as long as I am getting big air that I WILL BREAK AN AXLE! A quote that almost made me give up my quad, which definatly changed my mind on my axle preferance. Moto Joe has replaced four out of twenty sold Durablue Raptor axles. Out of nineteen Lonestars sold they have not had to replace any! I even spoke to Lonestar about their warranty and they said that they never have had to replace one twice. And they still insist that their overall width, spacers and all is +3. I should have one within a week. As far as the Burgard Arms, I couldn't have asked for a better product. Your stock Raptor shocks will work and it will ride like a Cadillac. Just don't rail off the 70 ft. double at your local track. I could get an X33 for a little more change, $170 , but Durablue said not to use it for motor cross. They said it would work for motor cross, but since I have already broke an Eliminator, not to try it. The X33 is even weaker than the Eliminator. Oh yeah, thanks for backing me up Bash! Are you the guy I sent the picture to? I wasn't sure if you got them. RPM axle is 2 in. wide and requires a special carrier and hubs. It will not be out for another 6 months. For those of you still arguing the Lonestars width, call 1-800-4LS-RACE. Oh yeah, I have a reamer for those Burgard Arms, and I have the axle nut for the Durablue, shaved and all.