Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior question to all modded warrior owners??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2001, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 89 warrior and wanting to bore it 30over with new mild cam and stiffer valve springs. I was woundering if any of you have done this and what did everything cost? The labor and all?

PS~ also if you have done any other mods similar to this how much did ya spind on it also?

Old 03-15-2001, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 97 warrior I have team alba titanium valves and spings,I have a racing cam in it. the kid I bot it off of did it hisself. It has alot more ball than a stock one. I also have a lrd pipe on it. Alot more mod also I don't fill like listing them.It will stay with my counin 400ex. He has a white bros. pipe and a K@N air filter, and rejetted.

Old 10-02-2001, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

I put a web cam racing cam in my 89 warrior it cost me about $250 canadian but there is a rebate if you send them your old cam, you can see them at WEBCAMINC.COM, I wouldn't put titanium valve springs in i heard they dont last as long and that there more for drag racing, I put a set of R&D performance high tension valve springs in mine, they cost about $100 canadian and you can get them from any dealership than deals with an aftermarket company named MOTOVAN, as for labour, im putting all the parts in myslef and since i work at a dealership and can do it afterhours it isnt going to cost me anything for installation. I would probably guess it would take the mechanic 2.5-3 hours to install the cam and springs because the head has to be removed and the old cam and springs taken out.

Old 10-04-2001, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

to bore .020 over port and polish my head plus the springs (titanium r+d) and a wb race cam it was around 500 i think but its been a while ago. only advice i can give is to have your head resurfaced and make sure you coat your gasket with metal flake paint heat type paint. I did all the labor only labor charge was porting and the bore work. The advice on the head resurface is for high comp piston. Also if you go high compression like i did go with about 40 more ft lbs of tourque on those head bolts not to crazy just enough. my head leaked a little right after i had to tear it back down no dam i caught it quick. also retighten after you warm it up and break the motor in.

Old 10-06-2001, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Kentuky hillbilly, how high lift cam do you have in your warrior? what compression piston do you have? And what is this metal flake paint you said to put on the gaskets? I never heard of doing that with material gaskets only metal weaved ones.

Old 10-08-2001, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

to answer your question my cam i think is 430 its been awhile since i ordered it but i looked around and it was the most lift i could find, its a wb cam. My piston is 10:1. The paint i bought i cant remeber the exact name brand but i picked it up at auto zone. Its high temp paint with mettalic flake. I was told by an older wiser fellow that this would insure it sealed.