Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

first national motocross for 2001

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2001, 08:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got back home from the big race in macon,and it was awesome.i thought i could ride untill i saw the pro's do it.Doug Gust is riding a suzuki drz 400 motored quad,Tim Farr was on a bad 426 r,travis spader is rideng for k&k now,and his r is bad ****, carbon wheels and all,i got some cool pictures,farr jumping a triple and some other race action, while i was there,i bought a denton steering dampner,and some no. backgrounds,since i can't put the center one on my raptor i got it signed by all the pros. i just thought i would let you guys know

Old 03-18-2001, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

That's pretty sweet!!
Were Their any Raptor's Racing?
Are you going to post your pics?
Who won the pro class?

Old 03-18-2001, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

You create a post with that topic, tell us you were there, but don't tell us who won the pro class? What a teaser. I was just perusing the board hoping to find that someone had posted the results because it normally takes the web sites weeks to post them.

What was the track like? Did Gust ride the 400 Suzuki in the pro class or only the 4-stroke pro-am? Hope you had fun and appreciate any info. you can give us.

Old 03-19-2001, 11:52 AM
Range Rover

i am not sure who won the last moto, the pro's raced at 12 and 3 ,and i had to leave at 1:30 .gust rode the suzuki in pro class,shane hitt got the hole shot,spader passed him,then joe byrd tried to pass spader and fell,farr passed spader,then spader seat came off,gust started passing people like a mad man,from sixth to first,passed farr to take the lead,byrd caught up with gust and took second, it was amazing to see some one come all the way back and take second, i don't know who won overall and kind of regret leaving but i had a four hour drive home,but i had fun.there were 6 raptors there,in four stroke c class or something like that one of them won,but thats all i can remember that won a race, there were 44 classes on saturday and 21 on sunday,the raptor who won had pep zps,lonestar arms and swing arm,ct pipe pro tapers and bead locks and lonestar axel and that was it.

Old 03-19-2001, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

i agree race day was bad a$$! my first national MX race and i was blown away with the speed these guys go! in the second race Gust blew up his suzuki.... bad deal! i think ben jackson won the second one......im not quite suer b/c we took off with 2 laps to go to beat out the traffic(it was bad already b/c of some parade and festival in macon) but i went to the gncc race the week before and i see why the pros are where they are! they can do things on their quads that i can only imagine doing...

Old 03-19-2001, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

The first pro moto was Gust, Byrd, and Ellis. The second moto was Jones, Jackson, and Farr. The track was really rough and got whooped out real quick. You could definetely tell who was in shape because many of the pros slowed down considerably after a few laps. Also, there seemed to be alot of controversy over the new 440cc limit in the pro class. I talked to a few of the teams who didn't feel it was fair to the two strokes. But from what I saw the two strokes seemed to be holding their own. Shane Hitt pulled both holeshots on his CS motor and Jones did win the overall on his CS motor, too. But you could tell that Gust, Farr, and Ellis had a ton of power with their DRZ and YZF motors.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:05 PM
Range Rover

Thanks for the info. callen.