Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2013 Yamaha 350 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 02:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Yamaha 350 4x4

so i bought this atv super satisfied but i went into some water that got out of hand quickly ... so after 45 of pulling it out the belt on the ultramatic was slipping but i pulled the plug and lots of water drained out but i was also mixed with grease very gray in color ..... is there anything i should check or do to make sure it is not going to lead to any other problems or anything else i should check
Thanks ahead of time!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

It may be fine, but I would pull the clutch/belt cover and do a couple things. I believe your machine has a greased clutch setup. Meaning the primary clutch is full of grease to keep it lubed. The water probably got in that grease and mixed with it. I would pull the belt and clean the sheaves real good with carb cleaner or brake cleaner. This way you know your belt isnt running on a greasy film which would allow slip and faster belt wear. And i would also check the grease in the primary clutch to make sure its not holding water. Might be a good idea to clean it and re-pack it. They also make greasless conversion kits if you wanted to get into that.

Basically, I would say it didnt hurt anything, but if you are a little worried, I would do the things I mentioned above just to be sure it was clean and working correctly.

Eric

Old 02-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default What I found

so i poped it open and under the ultramatic cover there was grease everywhere .... should i be concerned or just pop the cover back on the gear dont seem to be sliping any more but i was just curious

Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Clean everything good and put it back together and run it some more. Then inspect it again. There is a seal behind the primary clutch that can go bad and leak oil but it sounds to me like the primary clutch just got some grease washed out by the water and made a mess.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:28 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Even the rubber residue from the belt mixed with water will make it looke worst then it really is.
Make sure you clean the clutch faces good. I use the same automotive spray made for cleaning brake rotors and drums.
Even clean the belt in soapy water.