Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats the best place you have ever ridden?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I may have some "free" time this fall. Like 2-3 months between jobs. We have been thinking about taking a tour of the US and enjoying the finest ATV riding areas before they are closed by the eco ****'s. Please list your absolute favorite legal places to ride. Thanks for your help.

Old 03-26-2001, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

If you would, tell us what kind of riding you enjoy. i.e. mud riding, trail riding, water riding, all of the above, etc.

Old 03-26-2001, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Very good point, FKNA. We like sport riding. I ride a Raptor and she rides a Warrior. We like high speeds, jumps, railing around curves, hill climbing. Don't mind some mud but enjoy riding much more than getting "unstuck". Not very interested in rock crawling, either.
Thanks for your help. I am really excited about the "grand adventure" of seeing the country!

Old 03-26-2001, 03:33 PM
Range Rover

Trail of Tears Lodge in southern Illinois near Anna. Great hills, miles of wooded trails, motor cross track, amazing jumps, creeks and a mud pit.

Old 03-26-2001, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

RapterWanabe,
Obviously, the "big named places" such as Glamis in CA and Little Sahara in OK would be the best!
If your talking about some smaller places I ride at the Badlands in Attica, IN alot. It offers everything from sand w/ hill climbs, wooded trails, to mud, including jumps, whoops and everything in between. It's approx 750 acres and is open like 363 days out of the year.

Drop me an e-mail if you choose to come out this way!

Old 03-26-2001, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

Hey! I am an avid sport rider who used to ride a Warrior and now rides a 400EX. I have been riding in TN,SC,NC,GA,and WV. I was just thinking the other day of how fortunate I have been to ride so many places and out of curiosity began listing them. I have been 13 different designated OHV riding areas, 2 private owned ride areas, and 15 non-designated but not illegal ride areas. WV offers some of the best riding I have done yet. I would be glad to talk to you in more detail about them. Email me anytime, Angelon400ex

Old 03-26-2001, 04:32 PM
Trailblazer

hey if wanna experience the east coast come up to PA or NJ. In Pa we ride at Tower City this place is super huge, it's legal to ride but you have to pay. Many wide trail's, jump's, and super huge hill climb's. This is one of my favorite place's to ride. In NJ now that is a different story you can ride in a place called the pine bearing's I don't think your allowed too but I was there just yesterday and it was packed around 1,000 people probably. It has everything but not to many big hill climb's lot's(ton's) of jump's and lot's of trail's. It's worth checkin at least once. Let me know maybe we could meet and ride.

RAPTOR BLUE
GYT-R FULL SKIDS
GYT-R SHOCKCOVERS
GYT-R HEADLIGHT GUARDS
GYT-R HEEL GUARDS
GYT-R BLUE STROBE GRAPHICS AND SEAT
GYT-R HOUR/TACH METER
GYT-R CARBON FIBER PIPE
STAINLESS BRAIDED STEEL RADIATOR HOSES
HUB'S PAINTED BLUE
GRAYDON PROLINE NERF'S

Trending Topics

Old 03-26-2001, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Easily the Wayne National Forest in southern Ohio, it has everything you mentioned, and more.

Old 03-26-2001, 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor001blue,
Maybe sometime me and you can get together for a ride.

Old 03-26-2001, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

Haven't been there but the Hatfield McCoy Trail in West Virginia looks promising. I believe there is an article about it in ATV Connection.

Quick Reply: Whats the best place you have ever ridden?