Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor exhaust systems

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 01:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Raptor should be here in a couple of weeks. I want to get an exhaust system for it, but am not sure what to get. I have seen the DMC Alien complete system, but have not heard anything good or bad about it. Just wondering what you guys are running, how loud, how much power, etc.

Old 03-26-2001, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

You need to go through and look at past topics on this subject. This subject has been talked about so many times, it's gonna get hard for you to get replies.

I haven't talked to anyone here who has or even seen a DMC syst for the Raptor. Most people are running Big Guns. I am looking at either HMF or Sparks, both look good. Sparks has put alot of testing into the Raptor and will probably be my choice. CT makes a good syst as well.

The top or most popular and heard talked about are: CT, Big Gun, Sparks, HMF and LRD. I would stay away fron FMF, as the head pipe is the same dia as stock and the power core silencer is not very well built (I have the slip-on, they were the only ones available 7 months ago).

I hope this helps, good luck with your decision.

Swytak

Old 03-26-2001, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

I just put the FMF PC IV and love it. Are you sure about the hdp being the same dia?

Old 03-26-2001, 04:18 PM
Trailblazer

I'll answer you even though this subject has been done to death. I have seen and heard the Big Gun and damn is it LOUD, real LOUD. As far the CT racing it's just way too LOUD, a pipe that loud would be difficult to ride with. I have the GYT-R carbon fiber pipe on my bike and it has a nice deep sound kinda like Harley. And the beauty of this pipe is you don't have to rejet if you don't want to. I raced a Banshee with Tommey's on it and I SMOKED him sooo bad. I didn't get my bike off the trailer and 2 Banshee's, 1 250r, and 1 worked 400(440) wanted to race me. Let's just put it this way none of them even came close. I'm not tryin to start anything but man did waste all of them. I would go with the GYT-R pipe it look's cool sound's great and get's alot of attention. It make's such a difference you won't beleive it.

Raptor Blue
GYT-R FULL SKIDS
GYT-R SHOCKCOVERS
GYT-R HEEL GUARDS
GYT-R HEADLIGHT COVERS
GYT-R BLUE STROBE GRAPHICS AND SEAT
GYT-R HOUR/TACH METER
GYT-R CARBON FIBER PIPE
STAINLESS BRAIDED STEEL RADIATOR HOSES
HUB'S PAINTED BLUE
GRAYDON PROLINE NERF'S

Old 03-26-2001, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

I know that the other mfg, such as Big Gun, Sparks, etc all of thier headers are much larger than FMF. It's not that great of deal if you never plan to do engine mods. If you do, such as high comp piston, cam, port, or bore out bigger, than the larger dia head pipes will help get the most out of these mods.

Did you get the full syst? or slip-on?

Old 03-26-2001, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

i got the full fmf system but only put the slip on on for right now,is it ok for me to run the slip on without rejetting. i Know i have to rejet if i put the headpipe on but i wan to break it in beofre i do that. I love the sound of the fmf and its atleast 5lbs lighter than the stock exhaust pipe. Also any help on jetting for the full system fmf would help, the funny thing is everybody is talking about rejetting but on the fmf website they said they ran it the way it came, would it be safe to run the full system without rejetting as long as i keep the airbox on?
please, help would relly be appreciated

Old 03-26-2001, 08:37 PM
jad
Range Rover

I would think if you do not have to rejet with the FMF complete system you are not moving anymore air than stock so what would be the point?

Old 03-26-2001, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought the GYRT aluminum slip on and I love it. It gives a great boost all over although it is loud not as loud as the Big gun though. I do believe the gyrt pipe is made for yamaha by Yoshimura..

Old 03-26-2001, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

I took the baffle out of mine while I waited to get my GYT-R. I can tell you there is no comparison. The GYT-R made a huge difference.

Old 03-27-2001, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the information. My Raptor still isn't in yet, so I have some time to think about it yet. If anyone has any info on the DMC system, I am still very interested. It's supposed to have a very unique sound.

Quick Reply: Raptor exhaust systems