Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee carb sync

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee carb sync

Hey guys new to the forums here but just recently bought myself a banshee. No major mods done to it from what I'm aware of except exhaust, wheel spacers, boost bottle, and from what I understand there not stock carbs. I understand that mikuni makes the stock carbs where as this thing has keihin carbs. Anyhow it has fresh top end with papers to boot. Well I put two tanks through it just to get the feel of it and see what it needs. Well about 40 Litres later and only about 7 hours of riding from 2 tanks seems a bit odd to me. But it ran pretty good from what I thought was good. Noticed that it takes quite high rpms to get the thing to move for the first couple hours of riding then once it's real warm seems to be not so bad. Also you have to rev the thing to max rpm before going from 5th to 6th or it will bog. But other than that im verry impressed. So then I decided to trouble shoot. Hmm bogging so check carbs. Ok there not synced the right carb slide lifts well before left. Looked online how to sync them. Well all this stuff I found was with the TORS removed. But from what I understand the big brass **** on top adjusts the slides so I got it so they lift at the same time. But now it won't start. And in order for it to lift at the same time the right slide is way higher than the left. So long story short how do I sync my carbs proper with the TORS box ON the carbs. Sorry for the lengthy description

Old 04-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Rookie mistake lol. Checked my plugs and didn't put boots back on... After a slap on the wrist and put the boots back on it starts. So I went back to setting my slides so they move even but the right slide still won't bottom out. Really noticed a difference on the right side with more smoke and just sounding cleaner. But still worried about getting the slide to bottom out and any changes I made to the air /fuel screw while trying to make a no spark motor run lol. So what should they be set at? Thanks again

Old 04-11-2014, 05:40 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Couple of videos on YouTube on setting slides. May or may not help?

Old 04-11-2014, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes I looked at all those videos problem was they all have the TORS kit removed. From what I understand its tottaly different with the TORS kit. If anyone could tell me just what ***** to play with on the TORS. the brass **** seems to tighten and loosen the throttle cable. Witch is why my right slide sits about about 6-7 mills open and my right is bottomed out but I can't get them to move synced unless its like that. Thanks again

Old 04-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can get it to bottom out but then the difference in movement is about the same as when he throws his carbs way out of sync. But nothing fixes that unless I tighten the brass **** on the TORS kit witch lifts the slide aswell as syncs there movement.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Idk what’s wrong

When I start my banshee i have to put the choke on and when I take it off the bike idles really high then shuts off also smoke is only coming out of 1 exhaust

Old 10-01-2019, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like only one side firing. Dose the side with no smoke have a hot exhaust pipe like the side firing? Switch the plug wires around see if it changes. Check compression. Check your reeds.

Old 10-01-2019, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider
Can't wait to feel that 130 HP at the dunes.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your intake boots for cracks. If you have a boot bottle they will crack and cause high idle.