Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha warrior e brake

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2001, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 99 warrior and the little switch on the e brake is mest up. the guy i got if of of said the e brake was disconected in the back and it is and he un pluged the wire in the front that goes up on the handle bars. it ran good for a long time like that to.
the thing is that the bike will ideal but when i hit th gas it will spit and spuder. so u pluged the wire back to gether and that did not make a difference. it has not done this ever befor till i was in a bad wreck and a car hit me on th left side of the bike. i know it is the button because if i take it out and push it in it will run fine. what i dont understand is y would it just have to be pluged in nowand not before. is there any way to by pass it. i need help bad

Old 04-04-2001, 12:57 AM
Range Rover

All you have to do is connect the two wires that go to the switch together and see if the safety rev limiter doesn't engage. If it doesn't, then just splice them together. If the limiter goes away when the two wires are not connected together, then tape up the ends and tie them away somewhere on the frame. Otherwise, your problem may actually be in the gear selector switch. Over time warriors are notorous for developing a bad miss when the switch gets dirty and corroded. The switch is located on the side of the forward/reverse selector and is covered by the rubber boot. You may have to disassemble the shifter and clean and lube the switch real good.

Old 04-04-2001, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

I have to ask, how did you and a car get into an accident. Either the car was off-roading or the Warrior was on-roading. Sorry to hear about your crash nonetheless.

Old 04-04-2001, 09:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

do i i slice the wire before the place were u can disconnect them or after or dont matter. i dont think it is in the reverse thing because the bike hasvery low hour. i was on the side on the road (it was a turn) waiting for my friend to catch up, and they took the turn to sharp and hit me. it sucked

Weekend Warrior

do i i slice the wire before the place were u can disconnect them or after or dont matter. i dont think it is in the reverse thing because the bike has very low hour. i was on the side on the road (it was a turn) waiting for my friend to catch up, and they took the turn to sharp and hit me. it sucked

Weekend Warrior

do i i slice the wire before the place were u can disconnect them or after or dont matter. i dont think it is in the reverse thing because the bike has very low hour. i was on the side on the road (it was a turn) waiting for my friend to catch up, and they took the turn to sharp and hit me. it sucked

Old 04-05-2001, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

I really doesn't matter where you cut them.