Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Terrapro auger setup?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Terrapro auger setup?

I just purchased a terrapro. Got the mower, snowplow, and parts of an auger setup that I've never seen. I guess it was sold as a post hole digger. Problem is, parts are clearly missing (including hydraulic pump I guess), so I was hoping someone might have a picture of how the auger would be set up? Did the hydraulic pump run off the PTO? Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has a hydraulic control unit/pump to sell for this ATV, I'd be interested.

The following users liked this post:
Brooksd1 (01-06-2023)
Old 02-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yamaha sold a hydraulic pack that ran off the PTO. You are correct. There are pictures on one on the net searching Yamaha Terrapro. Very rare.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well that's damn cool. This thing was being scrapped along with its implements. I've had to chase down some parts but its coming together. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Old 02-15-2015, 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The auger does run off of the HS6 Hydraulic Unit. The HS6 sits on the back rack and does hook-up to the PTO. In order to run the auger, I believe you would also need the subframe that runs from the back to the front of the Terrapro. The auger mounts to the front of the subframe.

I have never seen the auger in action, but I do have a practically new HS6 Hydraulic unit and subframe. If you ever run into another auger, I would be interested in buying it.

Originally Posted by Schlagger
I just purchased a terrapro. Got the mower, snowplow, and parts of an auger setup that I've never seen. I guess it was sold as a post hole digger. Problem is, parts are clearly missing (including hydraulic pump I guess), so I was hoping someone might have a picture of how the auger would be set up? Did the hydraulic pump run off the PTO? Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has a hydraulic control unit/pump to sell for this ATV, I'd be interested.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

I've never seen a picture of the auger itself. I've seen the front snow plow that's mounted to the frame from the rear to the front but never an auger. That makes sense though. There would have to be some type of counter balance for the hydro unit or the front end would be bouncy light.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

This site won't let me upload any pics... I uploaded a picture of the auger over at bluetraxx on one of my threads that you had posted on also.

I tried to buy this auger several years ago, but could never come to a price with the guy.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah this is a low budget site. You have to host your pictures elsewhere like photobucket, then everyone wonders where all your pictures went. The realy nice sites have their own image server. You can however thru the use of advanced features attach a photo. But there may be a limit as to how many you can have per account.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here's a pic of what I got with the auger setup. I got an auger as well, but it clearly is not the correct one as the shank is different. I guess the piece on the right goes under the machine and the auger goes in the front? I really have no idea. The TSM is very thorough for the machine but does not cover any implements.

Name:  20150218_140008_zpsgicwx1qn.jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  287.1 KB

Brooksd1 (01-06-2023)
Old 02-24-2015, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here's one I found online, hopefully I can buy some stuff from this guy! This looks like the correct auger for the setup.

Name:  TP%20Auger_zpsdg53tw3m.jpg
Views: 2128
Size:  28.9 KB

Brooksd1 (01-06-2023)
Old 03-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default terrapro front post hole auger hydraulic unit

You are on the right track, but you will need more than a hydraulic unit. The arms on the auger mount to a full subframe unit for the terrapro, then it is powered by the hudraulic unit. I have a subframe and hydraulic unit and am looking for the auger. I think the subframe is also used for a snow plow and snow blower?? The hydraulic unit contains a cooling unit , pump and controls. Mine is missing the hydraulic hoses to connect the pump that mounts to the pto.
Have seen them for sale NOS on Ebay in the past couple of years. Good hunting. If you want to sell the auger, let me know. My hydrailicm unit is not for sale.

Quick Reply: Terrapro auger setup?