Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Brakes and electrical

Old 10-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes and electrical

I have my buddies warrior that has been sitting for years. Got a new battery and he lost the key so I got a new key switch. I have no lights no neutral light it won't even try to start. Any ideas?
Also the front and back brakes are not bleeding I have new pads for it but I try and bleed them and no luck no brakes. What should I do besides blow it up?
Thanks for any help. I have a yfz and I'm not familiar with this quad

Old 10-05-2015, 03:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Firstly check that both the new battery and ignition switch have been wired up correctly. It is easy to fit the battery the wrong way round on some bikes. If you are sure everything is right, check the main fuse, on top of the solenoid on most Yams.

Quads are bad to bleed, with the front brakes I clamp vice grips on the flexible pipe below the handlebars, not too tight and this is not recommended by makers as you can damage the pipe, but it works. Open the bleed valve, with the grips off, press the lever down, fit the grips and let the lever return, take the grips off again and repeat until the brakes are bled. You should find somewhere on the rears to do the same.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok key switch is a plug in brand new battery is hooked up right. Got the front to bleed but the back I don't even have fluid coming out. Could it be the cylinder above the foot peddle sneezed? The caliber is fine cleaned and works right. It sat for ten years in storage.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I even tried to such the fluid threw with a small vacuum cleaner no fluid. Reservoir is full