Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Advice please

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mn
Thank you so much...I'm happy I chose the Grizzly too...������. I LOVE IT !!!!
I agree and thank you for the great advice on safety...I've been trying to find just such sites....have watched a few but will be going to the site you sent me..I do respect the machine a lot...I am a bit of a chicken ...I just dont trust everything I see...always expecting the worst...lol...but the caution isn't a fear that would cause me to enjoy my riding any less...
I am such a rookie..lol.
I don't know what to buy that I really should have, from the correct helmut, storage box, what to pack with me, clothing...I am really confused right now but loving it ��������
I have to send so many posts and then I can post pics...I'm looking forward to being able to send some ��
Thnx again..please stay in touch
Regards
Jo

Old 03-20-2016, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Being somewhat afraid is a good thing....people with no fear and to much confidence as what causes accidents. Move into it slowly, a few years back my wife decided she wanted to try riding. We bought her a machine and rode around some local property we have permission to ride on and things went well. Next thing you know she wanted to go to Hatfield/McCoy so we went against my better judgement. After about 3 hours into the first days ride we got into some steep hills and then some narrow trails with sharp drop-offs. That was it, her machine slid and started to slide over a hill which scared the crap out of her. I had to coax her to finnish the ride to get back to the truck. That was in 2006 and she never rode after that. I just recently sold her machine and moved into a side x side. Whether she will ride with me or not I don't know, but she was not ready for that place but was cocky enough to want to try. Unfortunately that ended her trail riding.....So go slow and try different scenerios that require different skills but by all means do be "chicken" sometimes that will make you a more cautious and a safer rider. Enjoy!!