Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

85 mph Raptor!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2001, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you cant argue with someones opinion,some people like to MX others like to hill shoot, while some like to drag race.I can totally agree with what JUVENILE is saying.If the Raptor wont go like a yz 426 then why claim that it will? Do you really need to go 120 in your car? NO, But it will probably go that fast even though the national speed limit is only 65,so why did you buy a auto that will go twice the speed limit? This does not mean that you are braindead, It only means that you want to get what you paid for,I have to admit that I was a little disappointed in my raptor the first time I stabbed the throttle, especially after hearing from every Mag that it will outrun a DS like a DS outruns a 400ex.Why would you dog someone who wants to go faster? The only reason that we have great machines like the Banshee and Quadzilla is because someone had the desire to have something faster. I think that it is you that is on the wrong kind of ATV, you might want to try a Breeze or a LT80 since you seem to think that someone who wants to go faster is a idiot. All this guy did was ask if getting 85mph out of a stock Raptor was possiable, he didnt need someone telling him that 85 mph is just to fast and there is no need for it. This forum has become a place where some people just look for a post that allows them to b!tch and complain while telling other people that thier choice of riding is stupid. I have to admit that I go to the Polaris forum and talk some **** every once and a while, but I know a lot of the guys there personally and I just do for fun and friendly competition, but I never slam them because they like to go mud riding. Some of you are going to make great old men because you can already whine and complain about anything and everything.

Old 04-15-2001, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

Great post No2strokeBs!!
I bet most of the sport quads ridden are usually trail ridden where 5th or 6th gear isnt out of the norm. Im up here in Canada and ride the frozen lakes alot, always 5th or 6th gear at 80+mph.. Very slow when my buddies blow past me on snomobiles at 110-120mph!! I am actully looking to build a 100mph 250R for this winter.

I wouldnt knock down people just because they dont ride in your little style Raptorzone! I see tons of 4x4 quads blasting around at 40 or 50mph, and hey, good for them! Their having fun. Who am I to say their 'braindead'? I am just glad their part of the ATV scene and not calling the cops on me!!

Old 04-15-2001, 11:55 AM
Trailblazer

You two guys make fun of raptor but you bashed him just as bad as he did the people wanting to go 85. Forums are for opinions and thats exactly what raptorzone did...post his opinion on the topic. Those of you who like 85mph, thats great those who don't same too you. Ride the way you like and respect everyones opinion. Ride on!!!!

Old 04-15-2001, 01:19 PM
Range Rover

Doolin64; stating your opinion doesn't require calling people braindead & to state; if you want to splatter your brains then get a crochrocket....Doesn't seem so opinionated and definately not constructive criticism... Back in the 80's the Quadzilla 500 did 80mph or more. Which means it wasn't uncommon for a quad to hit 80mph. Not only was it very fast, it had more torque than any other atv on the planet. For me, that sets the standard for Biggest, Baddest, Fastest quad. 10 years later the Zilla still holds that title and their isn't a quad to date that has beat it. For me, when I think of the word; High-Performance...Quadzilla comes to mind. I wish they still did made those Zillas; then I would be able to feel that I had the Biggest, Baddest, Fastest quad on earth....For now I have a quad that is equal to the DS650 in speed. Happy Easter everyone...it's riding time!!!!

j/t
01 Raptor Blk/White (stock)