Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bear tracker help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bear tracker help

so was riding today and allw as good till my rear end locked up. the diff itself isnt seized at first it though all the oil drained out while driving but its full and the diff will move a little, what seems to be the problem is around the shaft boot oil is leaking and its being a pain to shift, even moving the reverse lever to reverse or forward is a difficult task, if i get on it and drive it, it will move but the engine is fighting something and as soon as i let up off the gas the tires stop spining and drag, what my problem here? any help would be very appreciated, had a rough day had to take my nice truck through 20 km of four wheeler trail and scratch it to **** to retrieve the rig.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

anyone know anything? it will still move but struggles and takes most of the throttle to move, somethings probably jammed

Old 06-15-2016, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

and when its in neutral it wont roll the back tires are locked up, the brakes arnt sticking, i checked

Old 06-15-2016, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Only have one suggestion here, wife had one of those some years back and she got the reverse shifter jammed in between shift points and that caused a similar problem.
I played around with the reverse shifter until it became "unstuck" and then everything worked great. She was attempting to move from forward to reverse or vis/versa and did not have it fully engaged and gave it throttle, a lot of throttle and jammed it up. Can't say if that's your problem or not but might be worth a try.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Only have one suggestion here, wife had one of those some years back and she got the reverse shifter jammed in between shift points and that caused a similar problem.
I played around with the reverse shifter until it became "unstuck" and then everything worked great. She was attempting to move from forward to reverse or vis/versa and did not have it fully engaged and gave it throttle, a lot of throttle and jammed it up. Can't say if that's your problem or not but might be worth a try.
i just tryed playing around with it and it does seem the problem is the lever, somethings not right, it will hardly move and struggles and the lever keeps jumping out of gear, i was unsuccessful getting it normal again though, il just half to tear it apart