Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Moto 4 rear bearings

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moto 4 rear bearings

What is the sign that i need to replace the rear bearings now or can it wait?How difficult is it to do?I have a little play on the left side and a little more play on the other side. I dont hear any grinding and everything seems to move smoothly.Thanks for all your help.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

If you jack it slightly off the ground, grab the tire at either 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock, or 3 o'clock and 9 oclock, see how much you can wobble it. If you do need to replace any bearings, first see if you can buy either made in Japan or USA. Made in China will let you down. Arctic Cat switched from Koyo's to Chinese ones, for a while. I heard they went back to the Koyos, Timkin makes awesome bearings to. Use a press to remove and reinstall em, not a hammer. It's not hard, if you don't have a press, Harbor Freight probably sells what you need, AutoZone might loan one. Just common sense, may find a youtube video. Keep the bearings clean, use premium grease, marine grade Lubriplate is a good one.

Old 04-23-2017, 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok thanks great info on the bearings. I watched videos of others not Moto4 is it the same process? Do you have to drain the gear oil out?Thanks