NO Spark after bottom end swap. Tricky setup, plzzzz help!! - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Default NO Spark after bottom end swap. Tricky setup, plzzzz help!!

Ok folks, here is what I have. I have a 06 Raptor 350 SE. The bottom end was cracked and had a couple of holes so we replaced the bottom end from a 96 Warrior 350. We used the top end from the Raptor, used a brand new Flywheel for a 06 Raptor, used the stator from the raptor, replaced the clutch assembly with a Warrior one because it was bad and put it all together and it is timed. Well when we went to start it, it would not turn the motor over, the starter just whined. Pulled the Flywheel off, put a new starter clutch gear in, got the flywheel in correctly and now it turns like it should but we are getting no spark.

We have tried unplugging the Rectifier/Regulator and still no Spark. We did try the stator from the 96 Warrior but had to cut the plug with the 4 wires because it wouldn't fit and it will turn once and give us spark 1 time and then nothing. So we are kinda stuck.

Should we be using a flywheel from a 06 Raptor with the Warrior bottom end?
If so, could it be that the Stator is bad and we need a Stator from a 06 Raptor?

I know the Warriors had 3 or 4 Gens and the Stator plug changed. We are using a Raptor flywheel, stator and everything electronic wise is my 06 Raptor. The only thing we changed on the bottom end was the flywheel and stator.

Thoughts? Suggestions before I buy every piece of the spark system, lol. Thank you in advance!!
Old 07-16-2017, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Check the resistance of the pickup and source coil, also the resistance of the ignition coil. The ignition coil should be about 18k not sure on the other 2 but my big bear 400 is suppose to be about 500 ohms for the pickup and about .1 to .6 for the source.

along with that check the wires and switches, you can do this all at the cdi plugs you just need a wiring schematic to do so.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

Have you set up the neutral indicator system? Not certain for your model, but some Yams have a set up where a wire from the neutral indicator to CDI gives a better spark when in neutral.