Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee+track=?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2001, 01:38 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at banshees and want to get one. I would like to ride some dunes and i know they are good there. But i also want to ride on tracks and posibly race at the local track. Are banshee's any good on a track? Seems like most guys that race have 250r's. I also like to ride some trails. How do they do there? If i geared one down would they do better on trails? Thanx for your time.

1995 yamaha blaster, paul turner pipe and silencer, K&N filter, oil injection block off, graydon chassis and swing arm skid plate, rear holeshot tires.

Old 04-23-2001, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

They are pretty nuts.. I like em.. hopefully I'll be able to get one sometime within the near future?? Have you ever ridden one? If not you definetly have to try one.. its all balz.

Old 04-24-2001, 02:15 AM
Range Rover

I have never ridden a banshee yet. I have riden a tecate one time, now those things rip! And I have ridden my friends 400ex I know a banshee would kill it. And my friend is getting a raptor. Can anyone answer my question?

Old 04-24-2001, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

A banshee in stock form is not the best handling quad on a track. It often feels nose heavy off of jumps. But it's easily compensated for after some saddle time.
The aftermarket can make the banshee very good on the track. But your talking suspension and geometry changes(A-arms/swing, axel)
The only other problem with the banshee is the constant fighting of the power band. You will be up and down them gears way more often than say..a 400ex or the like. That in itself can tire you out quite quickly.
It's all a matter of preference....sometimes I ride the banshee...other times I ride the 400ex.
Lately...I've been spending more time on 2 wheels. The bikes just jump way better than any quad.