Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor dependability

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, no need to argue, I guess if it happened it happened, I just found it hard to believe.... but then again stranger things have happened... What does riding a blaster have to do with it? (they fly just as high as any other quad, mabe not as fast but certainly get as much air if not more) I keep it maintained and havent had a problem, every machine Ive kept maintained Ive never had a problem with.. but the ones that Ive just let go to h#ll Ive had tons. if I could have a raptor I would but my funds cant cover it. you must have ate it hard huh?! Even having one shock come off would royally s#ck...

Old 04-24-2001, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

it was a bad crash but all the friends thought it was comical anyway i was just saying that it has been very well cared for (i can't see beating a $7,000 machine for the fun of it.) like all my machines i can't beleive this thing didn't hold together. the only tranny problems i've ever had was with the 88250r about 7yrs ago first gear went out but i really was riding it hard. you think the tranny would hold up at least for a while ya know
D.J.

Old 04-24-2001, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you've had every problem in the book so far?? Think your dealer/mechanic or whoever put it together had a couple before slapping that sucker together or what?! Ahhh... the joys of the local yammy dealer... I dunno about yours buy my local dealer is a goon.. dosent have a clue..

I saw a video on here somewhere of a guy on a banshee that busted a tierod, that was kind of comical (if your not the one riding) he ate it pretty good..

Anyways, I cant see how you can have any more problems with it? You should be good to go for at least a little while?! Good luck!

Old 04-24-2001, 11:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

When I picked up my Raptor from the dealer and got it home, I found my front shocks were loose also. My front wheels were loose. I called the dealer to let them know. Needless to say they asked me to bring it right back, so they could go over it again. I then saw a Raptor on the skid being prepped. The dealer puts on the front shocks, the wheels and several other components. If your shocks fell off , blame your dealer, not Yamaha. I have found that dealers are the ones usually responsible for customer satisfaction, or lack there of!!

Old 04-25-2001, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

i had my local dealership put a white brothers pipe on for me and they forgot to put the gasket in where the 2 pipes meet. So my headpipe was inside of the slip on rattling around and i was losing power like crazy...its amazing!! you have to do it yourself to do it right geeze

Old 04-25-2001, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

When I got my blaster the rear hubs were really loose, its got a nut with a pin that goes through and I took the pin out and tightend up both sides like 3 turns! Diddnt notice it until one day I was shootin the s*** with one of my buddies and I kicked the tire..

Old 04-25-2001, 12:32 PM
Range Rover

I've had my Raptor since Sept.00. One stock rear tire was warped from the factory (Hmmm...) replaced free of charge. Oil changed once with no other adjustments. Runs like a champ!!! If it isn't sunny and dry it doesn't get out...No problems whatsoever...Only complaint, is that it was overhyped in speed...I don't miss my 98 Warrior. Life is to short..so I'm going riding today for Quadaholics like myself.

j/t
01 Raptor Blk/White (stock)