Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

1998 yamaha grizzly 600 tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2020, 07:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitetailhunter8955
The 11 is only width? Doesn't affect the hieght?
Correct. 25(tire diameter/height)X10(tire width)X10(wheel diameter), all in imperial inches.

Don't don't confuse it with the metric tire measuring system used on most DOT road tires like 225/40/18, because with that type of measurement your referring to MM and the second number is an aspect ratio and IS the determining factor of the tire height.

Just like on a 4x4 or AWD truck or car, the thing you have to worry about most is the overall height being the same so the way around. Then it's just up to the width of your choice and the correct size to fit your wheels.

When I first got my Timber wolf, the previous owner for whatever reason had 23" in the front and 24" in the rear. Being full time AWD, it made it all kinds of squirrelly to drive on the pavement and hard packed dirt roads (luckily nothing ever bound up or broke because of it). After putting 25"s all the way around, it rides strait as an arrow.

Also for what it's worth, of you're not after a super aggressive mud tire or anything, you can check out any local ATV retailer or dealership, not just small repair shops. A lot of times they'll have brand new take-offs that they'll sell for fairly cheap. Joe Shmow goes in and buys himself a brand new 10k 800 but doesn't want stock tires or steel wheels, so he throws down another 1k on an alloy wheel and tire package, the dealership installs them, then they have the stocks just sitting around.

​​​​​I got my 25"s from a guy that put different wheels and tires on his new Honda Pioneer, paid $100 for them Same story with my Bruin, I guess the guy didn't like the stock alloy wheels and tires on his 2019 Grizzly, so I ended getting them for my 04 Bruin