Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is a Raptor axle made from recycled soda cans?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 02:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got off the phone with Lisa at Yamaha's customer service about my Raptor's bent axlw. She informed me that unless I could bend the axle with my hands that it was not defective and that they most likely would not replace the part. She was very sarcastic and not pleasant to deal with (I was kind enough to act the same way in return). She definitely made me regret my decision to go with a Yamaha product. I can't wait until something else goes wrong and I get the same type of service from Yamaha. It's obvious that they are not concerned with the satisfaction of their customers.

Old 05-06-2001, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

eric,

sorry about the slang there, it is a term used in street bikes to identify the muffler.

Old 05-07-2001, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

dataspng~
Try some locktite "Red", you'll never have this issue again!

Old 05-07-2001, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

FourStroker~
Copy this or print it off and prove to them what people are saying and having issues with there axles. I can't believe a tight market like the atv market is that Yamaha will not resolve this issue. I have never meet, talked too, etc. a service rep that wouldn't resolve my issue that had a boss I could go over there head and get resolved. Don't let this no be the end to it, before long the warr period will be from the time you sign the papers till you hit the front door. The first time I spend another 7G and walk out the door and the bike falls into 5 pieces and the sales rep says " Sorry, but you just out of warry". I going postal! Hell the warry period now really sinks! 6 mon, what's that! I bought my first new car a couple years back and it was $14,000 and had 36/3 warry on it. So do the math, I spent $7000 on my DS so I should get 18/18mon. Let lobby of this new industries standards! Come-on guys!!!!!!! Stand with me and be heard.......

Sorry for the tamtram.

Old 05-07-2001, 02:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nope.. tried that... Plus the Raptor has a cotter pin so the nut is not spin'n. I measured the end of the axle with caliper the last time I tightened it and next time it comes loose (which should be next weekends ride) I will check it again to see if the axle is mushrooming the end due to the "soda pop can" thoughts on this thread.

Thanks for your suggestion though...
-Brad D-