Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DMC installation problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set of DMC pipes for my banshee. When I installed them, everything was fine, the tail pipes fit into the rubber connectors on the pipes and all was good. After about 15 minutes of riding, exhaust was leaking out of where the two sections of pipe come together. It looks like the rubber connectors slid off the tail pipe (which is bigger around then the Pipe). I put them back on and it did it again. After that I bought 4 hose clamps, two for each. I put one on the rubber connector over the tail pipe and one over the main pipe. I didnt think those things would ever come off, after about an hour of riding they slid off again! I am ready to go postal! I called DMC and they told me to do what I was already doing, I had them send me another set of connectors. I am trying to put them on the pipe first, which was near impossible, I had to use some soap, I dont think there is any way I will be able to slide the taip pipe into them over top of the main pipe. Can any who has DMC's give me an idea how they did it? Or tell me what I am doing wrong?