Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First Time On a Banshee Today And Was wondering???

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok well let me say two things. When you start piping,jetting, porting and anyother mods how long before you need a top end on the high rev shee! Or any two stroke Second this is a fact I've riden them the gears are to close and you are constantly shifting fast. The Raptor has more torque no question.

Old 05-03-2001, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

jeffrey714 (714 how clever), you are the first person that I ever heard say that the gearing is too close. If you have to shift too fast that because you're hauling a$$. Also, the top end rebuild thing is SOOOOOO overblown. Sure, run it lean and suck in some dirt too and yes, you'll be doing top ends often. Run it with proper jetting, quality oil and air filter and the top end should last a long time.

BansheeBrad, a skock Banshee puts out 36 to 38 HP at the REAR WHEELS just like a Raptor. I can't believe a Raptor will get to 63 HP at the WHEELS with the few mods you mentioned. Don't get me wrong, I really like both the Raptor and Banshee but I think your numbers are a little skewed.

Old 05-03-2001, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry buddy but the Banshee only puts out 34HP stock at the rear wheels. With a pipe it is around 38

Old 05-03-2001, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

hahaha,,, you guys are all nuts!! why dont you guys just calm down and chill out about the banshee/raptor battle already!!!!! who really cares which one is faster! i dont.
heres my statement about the bansh/rapt thing,,, they are both very fast,,, but who cares what one is the fastest,,, pick the one that is going to suit you best and the trails you ride at, they are different machines 2strke and 4, each has it own distinc pros and cons... pick the one that is going to have the most pros for where you ride and what you do.

i also dont see how **** like this developes from a totally unrelated topic... he asked how fast the thing will be when adding pipes vs. when it is stock.

and i would say to this question, you will see a big difference, if your friends have stock banshees you will be ripping past them everywhere! when i had a stock banshee i was so tired on being past out like nothing, i just had to get a set of pipes so i could win the races sometimes.

Old 05-04-2001, 12:25 AM
Range Rover

i agree with h300f about the banshee/raptor stuff

Old 05-04-2001, 04:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

where did I say 63hp never said such a thing. was I hauling a$$ no! I wasripping through the gears and in the sand. what about paddle tires do they make a shee hook better? Idon't care anyway but the shee has no bottom end and that is a fact

Old 05-06-2001, 09:15 AM
Pro Rider

I rode a banshee yesterday and it was the 1st 1 Ive ridden .It was very fast,smoking,the low end seemd allright to me.anyway the guy I"M gonna buy it off of had 2 his n his sons,his is piped w t5s,dura blue axle the air filter,the only thing I noticed was it took him along time to start it but 1 it started it ran strong,it was flipped the brake banjo was bent inwards and there was a screw on the master cyl.thats bent up his son said it was flipped.He wants 4000 gs for it.Quad # 2 is all stock it has skid plates the air filter mod and wants 4500 including his gear so he isnt stuck w it,I noticed a growly sound from it when riding it which i didnt from the fathers quad.Which 1 should I take there both y2k quads and I feel like I should take the fathers even if I have to rebuild cause it already has some of the goodys.They say they dont ride em much and they do look clean.1 last thing the man said he runs it at 50:1 isnt it 32:1.Anyway I would like some input here wether positive or negative and would appreciate it! TY!I didnt notice any frame cracks and the plastic was slightly scuffed at the top of the key,brake perches.The trans fluid was also very clean and almost clear.Too buy or not too buy and I need an answer quick!

Old 05-06-2001, 09:24 AM
Pro Rider

I rode a banshee yesterday and it was the 1st 1 Ive ridden .It was very fast,smoking,the low end seemd allright to me.anyway the guy I"M gonna buy it off of had 2 his n his sons,his is piped w t5s,dura blue axle the air filter,the only thing I noticed was it took him along time to start it but 1 it started it ran strong,it was flipped the brake banjo was bent inwards and there was a screw on the master cyl.thats bent up his son said it was flipped.He wants 4000 gs for it.Quad # 2 is all stock it has skid plates the air filter mod and wants 4500 including his gear so he isnt stuck w it,I noticed a growly sound from it when riding it which i didnt from the fathers quad.Which 1 should I take there both y2k quads and I feel like I should take the fathers even if I have to rebuild cause it already has some of the goodys.They say they dont ride em much and they do look clean.1 last thing the man said he runs it at 50:1 isnt it 32:1.Anyway I would like some input here wether positive or negative and would appreciate it! TY!I didnt notice any frame cracks and the plastic was slightly scuffed at the top of the key,brake perches.The trans fluid was also very clean and almost clear.Too buy or not too buy and I need an answer quick!

Old 05-06-2001, 12:32 PM
Range Rover

If he runs *FULL* synthetic oil 50:1 is OK. Semi-synthetic the ratio is 32:1 or 4oz per gallon.

Mac

Old 05-06-2001, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

I apreciate your answer chris.What really worries me is why is this t5 boost bottle machine a kickety kickety kickety machine when cold when the stock other 1 he has starts on 3 kicks hot or cold,he did say something its been sitting all winter now that I remember it.It took alot of kicks to get going maybe 12 or more it seemed,I dont want to buy a machine and have it hand grenade on me a week later.well any way happy riding.But the other 1 has just skidplates for 4 grand this doesnt seem alot for a y2k machine with all these bolt ons,he wanted 5 but will let it go at 4

Quick Reply: First Time On a Banshee Today And Was wondering???