Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Pro Flow air how do you guy's who are using it like it??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2001, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after a long wait for K&N i guess I'm going for the Pro-Flow kit. HOw do you guy's like it? I ride mostly in dusty and muddy condition's so I would assume the pro-flow is a better choice right? Can you use a pre filter on the pro-flow? I heard they were having problem's with this unit has it been corrected? Thank you for any help. Should I drill the hole's in my air box if I ride in muddy and dusty condition's?

Raptor Blue
GYT-R FULL SKIDS
GYT-R HEEL GUARDS
GYT-R HEADLIGHT COVERS
GYT-R SHOCKCOVERS
GYT-R CARBON FIBER PIPE
GYT-R HOUR TACH METER
GYT-R BLUE STROBE GRAPHICS AND SEAT
RENTHAL BARS
GRAYDON PROLINE NERFS
LONESTAR AXLE+2
STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED RADIATOR HOSES

Old 05-05-2001, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer

yep. it'll be 2002 before K&N get their head out of their A**! i am REALLY pissed at them and their distributors - kept saying "oh, few more weeks.etc.etc" . Truth be told, the dopes knew it would be months before they released product, due to their shi**y design and fit. I heard this in NOVEMBER... few weeks now. And here we fools tool around in the sand/dust with that PATHETIC excuse for an airbox in the raptor, hoping to high heaven it doesn't dislodge from that last jump and suck crap into the motor. Sorry, i'm PISSED. They could have be straight from the get go - at least they would keep my respect and perhaps business.

Rant over. Bottom line. How can you NOT afford to run w/ the Pro Design? It is good and really the only option. I am waiting in the mail to replace mine w/ the Graydon Aluminum airbox w/ velco cover - killer setup, but pricey $199. late.

Old 05-05-2001, 10:48 PM
Range Rover

The Pro Flow works fine. It was re-designed. Outerwears will make you a pre filter. They made one for me. $14, got it in about three days. I think they may have one out now, they were working on it when I got mine. I just gave them the dimensions of the filter and they made me one.
Works great.

Old 05-07-2001, 10:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

When the K&N filter is available for the Raptor....it will still be the same crappy set-up as the stock set-up. Will it flow more air than the stock filter? Probably...but with the same design problems. One clear choice.