Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee: Wider A-Arms in the Tight Trails

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2001, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride in michigan where the trails are mostly 50 inches wide. i'd like to get some +2 a-arms for added stability on dunes, but i don't know how tough this will make it in the woods areas. this mod would bring the front end to about 48 inches wide. any comments? thanks

Old 05-12-2001, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

fakie99...I thought you got beamed up or something. I've missed your condescending, dry, wit. Where have you been? I almost thought you bought a Suzuki or something and quit coming to Yamaha forum.

Old 05-13-2001, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

hey, holyman.....one of the old yamaha forum brethren - good to hear from you. i have gotten beamed up, so to speak. got married a while back and haven't been riding enough. how about yourself, what's new on your end?

tell me - has the good advice here become even more sparse than before? would seem so by the looks of these posts. still bad spelling, alot of 14-year old technical "expertise", and alot of acne. not to be condescending though....haha. talk to you later.

Old 05-13-2001, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know about +2 AArms, but I swapped my front rims (giving +2 or +4...didn't reallly looked at the figures), and it takes a while to get used to. At first, I kept hitting everywhere...and haven't got a chance to ride in some real tight spots (still too muddy).
But the rim swapping could be nice...narrow for tight trails, swap your rims and head to the dunes...sure it doesn't sound as nice (and tough) as +2 A-Arms...

Old 05-14-2001, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

do you know how wide the different rims made the front end? i am thinking that 48 inches on a 50 inch trail is pushing it...

thanks

Old 05-14-2001, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

fakie...yes the expertise has waned but I attribute that to winter and your absence.
I'm glad to hear you got married and wish you and the Mrs a happy life together. Marriage is a wonderful thing. Does she have her own quad or does she ride yours while you're at work?
As far as the width of your quad goes...any rider that can't fit a 52" quad thru a 50" trail might just as well stay home. I'm certain that you are at least that qualified ;-)
Welcome back.

Old 05-14-2001, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer

Hey fakie your from ferndale a?
I used to live in hazel park.
My uncle lives up there also.
I just added a +4 eliminator axle and front wheel spacers up front but i aint had time to ride it yet to see how it is on the tight trails
Should be alright though i would say if your a pretty good rider.
Later

Old 05-14-2001, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

well, if you lived there then i don't mind calling it ferntucky or hazeltucky, as they have come to be known. anyway, i'm scrapping the idea of a wider front end after the guy at works performance explained that my shocks would have to be re-valved for the increased leverage. crap. i think they would have been cool too.

Old 05-14-2001, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Thw width is almost a Ranger bed...hehe.

Seriously, I measured 46" up front. That'd be a 3.5" gain vs stock (43.5")

Old 05-15-2001, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

thanks holyman. yes, marriage is a fine thing, and so far quite painless. of course, my procurement approval process for quad parts has changed a bit. and, she actually wants a quad of her own now - i am considering a 300ex, or something along those lines. any other suggestions?

as far as the a-arms, i have decided against it altogether. as the dude at works performance pointed out, the added leverage on the shocks would require me to re-build them. and that would run another 175 clams. not worth the trouble, methinks.

take care...

Quick Reply: Banshee: Wider A-Arms in the Tight Trails