Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The forum may soon have to add one more manufacturer to there list Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 09:03 AM
jdm
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harleys aren't loud from the factory, those are after market "drag pipes" that are so loud. Don't knock a Harley until you have rode one. The torque of the engine is unbelieveable and the bikes are a pleasure to ride. I had to sell mine because of a back injury but I sure miss it. I had 27000 miles on it and virtually no problems. No it wasn't a rocket but I could pull away from a red light in 5th gear and the engine wouldn't go dead, it would just pull. Try that on a Jap bike. But as for 4 wheelers I will keep my yamaha.

Old 05-14-2001, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Harley used to make a kind of on/off road bike back in the late 60's as I recall. The one I had was a 90cc. I got it as a basket case [literally] and never got it running. I could see Harley making a kind of 2 wheel drive on/off road quad that would be able to haul deer out of the deepest forest and still be fashionable parked in front of the local bar. It would have to have that "King/Queen seat and a full stereo. One thing's for sure, it would be expensive. I'd figure at least $15,000. And who would spend that on a quad unless it was street legal. Maybe Harley will set the stage for street legal quads. If so...Harley get to work!!!

Old 05-14-2001, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know guys... I think a Harley quad would be great. Most of the complaints you guys have listed USUALLY are due to jack-a$$es riding Harleys (problems cuase they don't maintanence them, and loud due to pipes.) I would love to have a lobed 4 stroke from Harley. Then again, I could care less about top speed. I want a low end, peppy trail bike. 2wd of course, cause I get bored on 4wd quads... they just aren't as fun to me, even though they have their purposes.
If Harley comes out w/ anything that comes close to my Warrior, I will be on one in a second. Not to mention they know they would have to keep the price down, and I don't think they would have a problem doing that if they wanted to.

Old 05-14-2001, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

If Harley came out with ATV's then would the Harley atv riders have the same wild sense of tradition as their street riders? but instead of old Honda nighthawks get old 250'x or blasters and hang em from a tree and take turns wackin em with a baseball bat half in the bag from good ol' JD.

Old 05-14-2001, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

I would hope not, but you never know. Either way... you can't blame any of that on the bike. I would love to own a Harley (can't afford it yet), but you would never catch me acting like that. These guys are going to act like idiots no matter what they are riding.

Old 05-14-2001, 03:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

3 words

Overpriced and underpowered...

RoostKing...

Old 05-14-2001, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer

i agree with you rk why pay twice as much for something twice as slow twice as uncomfortable and twice as unreliable? besides that i think all the[hd riders] have all the leather halloweeny costumes all bought up.

Old 05-14-2001, 05:07 PM
Trailblazer

i agree with you rk why pay twice as much for something twice as slow twice as uncomfortable and twice as unreliable? besides that i think all the[hd riders] have all the leather halloweeny costumes all bought up.

Old 05-14-2001, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Would I have to buy a pair of chaps?
and a skull cap?

Old 05-14-2001, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

Like them or not you cant deny Harleys hold their value much better than any japanese bike out there. They are pricey but you more than make up for it if or when you want to sell it, while any foreign bike deteriorates in value once you start it up. I personally would much rather ride the real thing than a jap wannabe. But I do agree a Harley quad might not go over well

99 blaster

Quick Reply: The forum may soon have to add one more manufacturer to there list Harley Davidson