Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The forum may soon have to add one more manufacturer to there list Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 10:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well look what I started, feeew!!!!!. Lots of controversy here. Well now where to start. I love Harley,s for what they are and ricerocket,s for what they are. H.D.makes a wonderfull clasic motorcycle that can out torqe anything from Japan. To own a H.D. with mufflers would be like admiring Angie Harmon in a snowmobile suit. Just wont cut it !!!!!!!!. My Grizzly on the other hand is one of the most amazingly strong vehicles I have ever owned. This thing gets abused every weekend and has never left me down yet. I had a 1992 FXRS, before that a 1981 Sportser and before that a 1976 Sportster, The 92 and the 81 were great bikes the 76 I wont talk about. What I will say is I dont own any street bike now. Back in 1976 when I got my first H.D. the Harley crowd were really good people. Most were mechanics truck drivers and like that. around 1990 Harley had a resurgence, they became trendy and a the beautifull people started buying them and next thing you know the prices went through the roof and availabillity was non existant. next thing you know I am standing at a H.O.G. rally with a bunch of *******s listening to tales about there stock portfolio,s. Harley is going to see hard times again, and the tried and true salt of the earth Harley guys might just turn away and watch another piece of Americana fall by the wayside. As for me if I decide to go back on the superslab with two wheels beetween my legs it will no doubt be on an Indian if I want Nostalgia or a Rice rocket if I want a pure Adenalin rush.

HAMBONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2001, 10:54 PM
Range Rover

This explains why harley had a semi at glamis last season. They showed up sunday afternoon when everyone was leaving. Did not get to see the goodies. Sounds like everyone assumes that there will be a sportster motor in em. Harley is in kahoots with BMW, thats why they dont leak, and they run....... Now lets think bmw motors, those crafty germans may have something up their sleeve I find this interesting.... If a bicycle mfg. can do it why not harley?

Old 05-14-2001, 11:24 PM
Range Rover

Hillhound just about has it all dialed in what with the chrome, and leather and like that, but he left out the most important item of a Harley outfit, and that is the required tattooed, ugly SKANK, hanging on the rear.

Old 05-15-2001, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

My last 2 cents.... I don't own a street bike any more. I had a '90 Kaw Zephyr but being 6'2" made it impossible to ride for over an hour or so w/o my legs falling asleep.
Harleys are pretty much a one of a kind and although I don't agree w/ their high prices you are paying for the privilege of riding one. Now I know allot of people will think that is a crock of shiiiot... but that is why this is my 2 cents. Harley is still a BIG contender in flat track races so I don't see it impossible for the to make a very good quad. Now whether they could make a good 2 stroke is another story... and to be honest, I hope they don't!!!! They need to make a 400 lb. 400-500cc, 2wd, 4 stroke, sports quad, that is geared lower than most sport quads. A TRUE TRAIL BIKE in my eyes, would be great. Something for those of us that don't care about top speed, but want to be able to do about anything that comes up in the woods including mud 3-4 ft. deep. Now that would be great.

Old 05-15-2001, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I can see who would love em Corporate AMERICA and all them overpaid corporate spoiled brat pigs.I dont even know how harley ceases to exist,come on 17 gs for a bike anybody that is going to buy 1 for this much is a idiot.Plus something like a single cylinder dual sport would eat it. I'm 26 I had enough trouble coming up with money for my kdx and banshee,I want to ride now not when Im 50 and the enviro ***** have it all locked up.Blue collar workers are # 1

Old 05-16-2001, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

a H-D quad would be crap.

just look at the history. they tried to make a sportbike and it was crap. they need to stick with what they know.

Old 05-16-2001, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Who would have thought that Cannondale would have made a good dirt bike, better yet quad? Very few people!!!
Even for H.D. failures, they have had allot of success in different areas. Not many different areas, but they have played w/ dirt and I still have to say that I would love to see them attempt a quad. I don't HAVE to buy it, so it doesn't affect me at all to see another company try to compete.... competition only benefits us riders!!!

Old 05-16-2001, 10:20 AM
Trailblazer

You guys are awful besides a few of you like woodswarrior. You complian about Harley's for one reason and one reason only, you can't afford one. Don't knock us white collar workers either. So what if we talk about stocks at Harley Rally. Isn't that getting away from the stereotypical "Hells Angels" Harley Rider. Let me say, I think they should stay away from builidng a quad, but as a cruiser street bike you can't beat them. Yeah they're overprices so isn't half the other sh*t we buy. Who in this forum has bought a pair of Nike sneakers. Some little kid is making a quarter a day in Asia to make a sneaker with maybe $5 bucks of material. But yet we'll pay $40-$100+ for sneakers. Now that is what I call overpriced. At least these bikes are American Made and apreciate in valuse instead of depreciate like Raptor. Other than that guys ride on and enjoy our quads.

Old 05-17-2001, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I agree...it's not who rides 'em but what it's doing for the sport. I see alot of yuppies riding around on Hogs. At the same time I wouldn't mind seeing a few yuppies get a little mud on 'em too. It's alot harder to take away riding areas when someone with clout, money, connections is into it. So if you're a tatooed, toothless hillbilly that collects beer cans for income or you are a corporate yuppie that lives in a subdivision and takes Blake and Ashley to their soccer, Karate, etc. matches, I DON"T CARE as long as we're on the same page when it comes to the rights for all of us to ride!!!!!!!!!!! If it runs, ride it. If it's paid for be happy. If HD came out with a quad that had some R&D who wouldn't buy it? It's bad enough you've gotta spend 8000 for a new quad and another 3000 to get it to be faster than your grandmaws wheel chair or taller than your grandpaws golf cart. I don't care if Ktel [for some of you seniors that remember the cheap gadgets that everyone had to have] made a quad as long as it didn't need tons of work to get it to run. How many of us Banshee owners have been waiting over a decade to get a chain tightener that actually works with less that 3 people working on it? Or an air filter that actually fits?
I say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As far as I see it the market is wide open for anyone to step to the plate and take HUGE chunks of market share. Progress has been stagant and the buying public wants quads that step into the 21st century NOT the middle of the 20th century!
There's my 2 cents.
Keep the change.

Old 05-17-2001, 01:11 AM
Trailblazer

Amen - Holyman

Quick Reply: The forum may soon have to add one more manufacturer to there list Harley Davidson