Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

People suck! Someone stole my Grizzly this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right out of the driveway. I read about a few failed attempts on this site which caused me to buy a kryptonite 3/8 cable. Big mistake, they cut it like butter. And then they wheeled it right past my neighbors house, past two sets of motion detecting floods, and into the woods where they proceded to botch the hot wiring and screw up my ignition in the process. Idiots. They then hid it and the police found it within five minutes and towed to the station to dust the whole thing for prints. I hope they catch the kids, but I know even if they do they will get off. I am pissed. The only good thing is that they didn't vandalize my new 589's after giving up. Probably because they were coming back later..

Time for some square link un-cuttable security chain at $6/ft!

I think it would have been better if they did get the whole ATV because now I have to pay a $300 deductable if my home owners even covers it but if the whole thing was gone.... PRARIE 650!!

Old 05-14-2001, 02:03 PM
n2o
Weekend Warrior

I dont suck... ;(
I wouldnt have stolen your 4 wheeler...

Old 05-14-2001, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer

OK, my home owners insurance won't cover it. And they don't do ATV's. And state farm and progressive don't do Massachusetts. So now that I have decided I really really need insurance for my ATV I can't seem to find anyone who will cover me. Does anyone know of an insurance company that will do Massachusetts?? Thanks.

Old 05-14-2001, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

collect from kryptonite.

Old 05-14-2001, 03:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Look at it this way, yea your quad was stolen, but the good news is that you got it back..

Remember, glass half full, not half empty!

RoostKing...

Old 05-14-2001, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

Collect from Kryptonite? There "Guarantee" is a worthless corporate sales gimick. You have to send receipts for the locks, your vehicle, and registration info within 15 days of buying there lock and thats just for bicycles! For an ATV they would find plenty of excuses. Just reading there policy for filing a claim for 1 minute and all hopes are pre-dashed.

I'm just glad they didn't take my new Suzuki TL1000R that was locked up with the exact same type of cable. Now the TLR is locked up with some battle ship chain until I can get something more appropriate. Has anyone ever tried cutting one of those disk locks, or U-locks? I want something TOUGH!!

Old 05-14-2001, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

Usually, the toughest stuff are the "U" locks. The disc stuff are crap, don't resist very long.

Old 05-15-2001, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Hey man I sympathize with you, and I think it sucks that someone would do that to you, or anyone else for that matter. However, I have to ask why you would leave your Griz parked anywhere with nothing more then a chain holding it?! Chains are a very easy thing to get through with simple cheap hand tools. Plus, after wiring my winch, I have found that a Grizzly is a very easy thing to "hot wire". The fact that the idiots screwed that up tells you what kind of bafoons they must have been! Consider your self lucky that you even got it back. If someone who knew anything at all about how the thing is wired would have done it, you most likely would have never seen it agian! But then again, if they had gotten away with it, you might be buying that Prarie right now. Fate is a tricky thing to second guess.

Rick

Old 05-15-2001, 06:25 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I live in a tight neighborhood where nothing ever happens and a simple lock as a deterent seemed like overkill. Obviously not. This time I found some chain/lock setup that can't be cut without torches or a 4000 lb press style cutter (New York security chain) now I just have to figure out what to chain it too...

Old 05-15-2001, 09:20 AM
Range Rover

dosperado, i totally feel for ya...and i am glad that the morons that tried to steal your atv f"d up...figures...i am constaintly looking at my shed to see if anyone is by it...i am paranoid about someone steeling my atv....01 raptor...i do know this if someone is stealing my raptor and i catch him...he is going to become my new kicker jump and holeshot patch...imagine that his face splattered all over the underside of my plastics.....makes me laugh just thinking about it...one thing you have to realize the human race is the most ignorant and untrustworthy of all the animals that walk this earth...and they say we are the smartest....go figure...we can make great toys like atv's...but some less fortunate / lazy person has to steal your hard work.....go luck with the repairs...someone tried to steal my car once and it cost me $1500 to fix it....wanted to kill someone really bad....well that's all for now...hope this post doesnt upset anyone by it's harsh language....herbdon out...

Quick Reply: People suck! Someone stole my Grizzly this weekend!