Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

People suck! Someone stole my Grizzly this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, an "uncuttable" chain is only as good as what it's chained to. They may not be able to cut the chain but they can cut what ever it's attached to. Plus, the best locks can be easily snipped with a bolt cutter. Whoever said it is right, though. Whoever botched an ATV hotwiring isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. That key is nothing more than an appeasement to help you and I sleep at night so that we can lay down thinking, "They can't steal it, they don't have a key." Uh-huh, and twisting those wires together won't activate the ignition system. If there's one thing I've learned is that nothing is burglar proof. That's why in my garage my '01 Raptor, my friend's '01 Banshee and all my tools don't get locked up. If they are going to steal it I don't want the rest of my stuff getting busted up in the process. I pay for insurance to replace this stuff for a reason. Someone in Mass. will insure your bike. You'd be surprised when you told your insurance company that you're pulling your home and car insurance so that you can go with another company that will insure your quad as well at how quickly they will "find" a policy for you. My insurance company doesn't do quads either but when I told them "thanks for your business but I've got to go elsewhere" they found another company that they subbed out to insure my bike. It's insured under a motorcycle policy with an off-road specification. If it requires more than just getting into a desk drawer most insurance companies aren't going to work any harder than they have to unless you make them. They are in the inurance business, let them find a policy for you.

Old 05-15-2001, 11:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about locking the TL and the Grizz together when not being ridden?

RoostKing...