Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee______4000$$$

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 07:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what I could except to get from a banshee that is in the 4000$ price range. & if anyone knows where one is let me know. thanks

Old 05-16-2001, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Well..thats the problem....If you run across someone who has maintained there banshee..then there is a good chance you will get one with alot of extras. Most people end up modding the banshee...at least with pipes and jetting.
My problem is that I put A-arms, shocks, swing arm, bars, pistons, porting, pipes, plastic....on and on....The bike is way better than new (even though it is a 96)...and I would expect to get some of that money back.. It will never happen. If someone would give me at least 6000 for it I would love it...If you add up everything I have done...It easily reaches upwards near 10000 including the price of the quad. I would be lucky to get in the mid 4's for it.(and I think thats pushing it).
It will sit in the garage(when I'm not riding it) and wait for the day that someone might realize it's worth.

Old 05-16-2001, 03:47 PM
Range Rover

i am selling mine for 4400. its all stock except K&N filters and outerwears. its a 95 and looks and runs like new . low low hours.
e-mail me if your interested

Old 05-16-2001, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

mster:

Like I said...that's the problem. Kelly blue book lists the retail value of your 95 banshee (mint) for $3455(and thats from a dealer sale)trade in would be around 2355...that's a far cry from 4400.
I wish you luck getting what your asking...I know you can justify the cost...as can I..But others won't.

Old 05-16-2001, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

I got my '99 in '00 for $4200 with all of the goodies on it. I say just keep your eyes open and be ready to jump only when the deal is EXACTLY what you want. cycletrader.com can help. just look at it every day or you can get it to email you when someone advertises something that fits your want list. I've found several quads this way. Again be ready to go with cash in hand!

Old 05-17-2001, 11:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

For $4000 you can get a pretty well setup Banshee, with pipes and all. Like Holyman said, keep your eyes open, the deals are out there... My friend just bought a brand new Banshee and had the dealer put some pipes, cool head and some paddles for $7100. He got ripped off in my opinion. I just wish he would have told me he was going to do it before he did. Good Luck...

RoostKing..

Old 05-19-2001, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hey man, for $4,500 you can have mine.. It's worth every penny, and even more... And, I don't think it's all that much over KBB price.. That price includes stock bumper, and stock shocks.. which you can sell.. and buy something else.. Well, I don't know about the shocks.. I'm building a project quad that the shocks might be needed on.. I have a friend from Alaska.. He is in the Air Force.. Stationed there.. he's down here right now.. send me a check, and i'll get him to carry it back with him.. later!!