Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dirt wheels shooutouts sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2001, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How the **** did a ds650 beat a banshee around the track, how the **** did a 400ex beat a banshee in desert racing when it has won the baja, how the **** did the raptor beat the banshee in duning, when everyone says that the banshee kills the raptor in duning?????

Old 05-19-2001, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Don't get all excited it's just a magazine article. Who cares what won as long as you like what you have.

Old 05-19-2001, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Dirtwheels has always gotten it wrong. I remember back in 86 when they said the LT 250R was slightly better than Hondas 250R. Now who in their right mind would believe that LOL.

Old 05-19-2001, 09:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

So what other GOOD ATV magazines are there? ones with banshee stuff preferably? Anyone know that? Thanks a lot.....

Old 05-19-2001, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

I will have to agree w/ that Chasman! Why can't everyone just be happy w/ their quad and leave it be. I would much rather have a $250 piece of shiiiiiot but be able to out ride others, than vice versa. Not that I can, but someday I will be able to. I just got an '01 Warrior and love it to death. It is bone stock and way under powered compared to most the new sport quads, BUT WHO CARES??? I don't.
The only thing that I have a problem w/ is when someone doesn't give a quad the credit it is due. ATV Action did a story on the new Warrior and although everything they said was true, I think the did a horrible job representing who great of a bike the Warrior really is. For what I do/ride... there is nothing better. Not once you take the cost equation into effect... and especially when you look at the fact to buy any of the other quads out there I would have had to buy a stinking trailer to tow them on cause they are so wide.
EVERY bike has it's purpose and there are very few bikes out there now that don't have at least one advantage over another.
So y'all enjoy your ride and leave it be.
Oh yeah... I love the Raptor, but you can't say that cause it wins this race or that, that it is better than another bike... don't forget how big of a part the rider and all the modifications that these big name companies put on these things makes.

Old 05-20-2001, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

hey samson i would believe that! then again i probably am a little partial. oh and i'm selling my LT for an r but if i had my way there would be an LT engine on my R. LT's have better egonomics, better low end, and faster top end than a stock R.
its just the poor frame geomitry that kept them from being as popular

Old 05-20-2001, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Ya the LT motors with the power valves had quite a bit more power compared to the trx 250r. Unfortunatly the LT frame just couldn't compete.

My friend has 2 85 LT 250R's in excellent shape, but unfortunatly he's always repairing the frame on the one he races, especially the swing arm.

Old 05-20-2001, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Sometimes Dirt Wheels baffles me with the outcomes of there tests. The testers are extremely biased towards the machines they personally prefer.

Old 05-20-2001, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

i also didnt like there comment on "the demise of the 250r" they seem to think the 250r in racing is at its end for racing due to thumpers.
when i go to races i still see tons of 250r's. more than i thought i would see in one place.

Old 05-20-2001, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

The new machines should win compaired to the out dated tech of a banshee. You have to look at the overall picture. The time of the 2 stroke is fading away. Soon yamaha wont have a reason to build any more 2 strokers. The big thumpers are going to take over slowly but surely. The whole point in test riders is prefernce. So out of the 5 machines the raptor was prefered, it makes me happy of course because I own one. Tech is going to grow and soon the 2 stroke will be extinct.

Quick Reply: Dirt wheels shooutouts sucks