Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

the pigs got me

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2001 | 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

<< oh well. oughta sell the thing and get a snowmobile. hundreds of sleds around here in the winter time. or maybe a motorcycle. >>

NO,no,no! Keep it!! Ride it every day, they can only bust you so many times, then its harrasment.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] keep the raptor and buy a snowmobile or bike.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2001 | 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

Hey don't feel bad. On May 31 I had my banshee in town on the back roads. My buddy had a party that night so I road in the next day. When I got there everybody was there yet. One guy told me to rev it up and SH!^ can it down the back road. So I did turned around and just started laying on it down the back road. I got back and I reved it up again and took off. When I was turning the corner I looked behind me a saw the red cherries were on the cop car. He nailed me for no drivers license and carless driving. Got a ticket for $300. When he asked me what make and size it was I said it was a yamaha banshee 810 four cyclinder. My brother and I made our own banshee frame to fit the motor. We bought the motor out of a 750 kawy crouch rocket. It is a gpz 750 punched out to a 810. He was going to tow it but my other friend was good friends with him. So he asked him if he could put it in the back of his truck. He said yes. Now I got to go to court. This Pi$$e$ me off.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2001 | 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Someone stole my Raptor and I got it back two days later because I staked out my entire neighborhood and told the cops where to look. The cops might have eventually found it when the theifs were done with it but I wanted it back in perfect condition and that's what I got. Trust me when it's your 8500 bucks out there you are more motivated than the cops will be.

Old 06-10-2001 | 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

I used to live with my uncle, and he was a cop for 30 yrs. He told me PIG stood for: PRIDE, INTEGRITY and GUTS! I'm sure there is more to this story than that. I live in a small town, but very busy streets, and we ride on the streets all the time. We even pass cops, as long as we are just going 25-30 mph, and not driving like an idiot, they just wave and don't say a word. You people who are bashing the PD need to remember that the next time you have to call them. When someone is raping your wife, molesting your kid, stealing your property (or what ever else this crazy society does), I would love to see you call 911 and say &quot;hey send some PIGS right away, I NEED HELP!&quot;. When you need them, they are not PIGS.....are they?

Put yourself in thier shoes, if everyone gets a break, the laws will be taken advantage of. It makes me sick that you people will talk bad about a cop who is willing to put his life on the line to save yours! Just think, if your neighbor did the same thing and your kid was playing on the sidewalk, your neighbor loses control and hits your kid and kills him. Would you be happy if the cop gave your neighbor a warning? There could be lots of factors: The kid was behind a tree(in a blind spot), steering broke, tire got cut, brakes went out ect..., things do happen. I have heard the story over and over, &quot;That won't happen to me, I am a good rider&quot;, but it does! No matter how good you are, when things go bad, you lose control.

Stop picking on the cops, they are dong this for your own good and everyone around you! I am not saying all laws are perfect, nor am I saying all cops are perfect. I will say that 98% are very good, but because of media, we seem to always here about the bad cops not the good ones.

Get a grip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2001 | 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

The thing here that really irritates me is the juvenile little kids that have to hassle a guy because HE DOES THE JOB HE IS PAID FOR. How about the police only enforce the laws YOU agree with? GROW UP. You did something you shouldnt have done, live with it. This makes about as much sense here as the quad bashing that goes on. Ride whatever you like, wherever it's legal, accept responsibility. You never know the next guy that tows you out of a mudhole, or gives you gas, or fixes your flat might just be the guy you were calling a pig.

Old 06-10-2001 | 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

I have no problem with police officers or game wardens doing their job, but since when does their contract say anything about harassing ice fishers? My brother and I were out ice fishing 2 winters ago with several friends. Twenty traps between 6 of us (state law says 5 per person). Well, when my brother and one of my friends went into town on the snowmobile, two wardens suddenly appeared out of no where, began questioning us, and forcefully accusing us of smoking. I can't remember how many times they said &quot;you were smoking pot, weren't you?!&quot;, but it was a good number. My brother and my friend came back, only to be pressed with the same questions.
These wardens illegally searched a car belonging to one of my friends, and illegally patted down the youngest male in the group. Not only that, but the two managed to corner the only girl, 14 at the time, in the ice shack, and managed to get her to say that she wasn't fishing (she was, she'd helped pull 2 fish up prior to the wardens' arrival). So not only were we harassed by these wardens, who, for some reason were convinced that we had been smoking (one of them even sniffed the fish-gut-covered pair of pliers we had with us, assuming we'd used it to hold the joint), but we were slapped with tickets for having too many traps, and leaving traps unattended.

Needless to say, this became a rather big deal, and the tickets were ripped up, but in the process, we also learned something else.
These two wardens had been watching us ice fishing from a hill more than a mile and a half away with a VERY high-power spotter scope.
Why did they assume we were smoking something? Well, they saw &quot;something&quot; being passed around. That &quot;something&quot; was a package of beef jerky, and, had they bothered to just ASK, we'd have told them. But no, they had to come down, acting all big and tough, and push us around because we were just a bunch of kids.

As I said, I have no problem with cops. But I do have a problem with @$$holes who think that, because they're wearing that badge, they somehow have the right to harass people. Why can't they actually do their job, and hand out some tickets to the idiots riding around on their snowmobiles, HEAVILY intoxicated (Maine has a tough OUI law, regardless of the type of vehicle you're on/in).

I've never quite figured out why we don't have game wardens that are nice. One never hears someone say, &quot;yeah, this really nice game warden caught a guy poaching on my land,&quot; or, &quot;yeah, I'm good friends with a lot of the wardens around here, and they're nice to me and my friends.&quot;
I hear of people being chased by game wardens for crossing roads too fast. I've seen a game warden get his undies all in a bunch when a friend of mine set his helmet down on the ground as we came to a stop near a road. Even after he showed the warden his helmet, he STILL acted like god's gift upon earth, to save everyone else of this non-helmet-wearing MENACE TO SOCIETY!
They seem only to be a division of the police who are jealous because they don't get a light bar on their trucks, so instead they use their badge to get in your face and be pr*cks.

Old 06-10-2001 | 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah and I've been cut off by truckers and given the finger for no apparent reason. Had loggers just about run me over, Doctors talk down to me, Lawyers...well.., There's A$$es and idiots in every walk of life. One ripoff mechanic doesnt mean they all are. With the exception of maybe the Lawyers there's always good and bad examples of people... Laywers ...all jerks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2001 | 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

There's an awful lot to this. It is very reflective of our society as a whole. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. There is no doubt
that being a cop is a tough profession. The primary function is to deal with criminals, that attitude does spill over to the general population, especially certain &quot;profiles&quot;, like minorities, young males, anyone outside the stereotypical good citizen. And then there are those of us with that little problem with Authority. I have put my foot in my mouth, even recently, when talking to the law, I'm sure most of us have. It's not very smart.

There are good cops and bad cops, and good cops that do bad things and bad cops that do good things. And good people that do stupid things,,,and get caught. And I do think that most crooks eventually get caught.

But I really don't want to hang out with cops or crooks or lawyers. I think they have more in common with each other than with me or mine.

Right now our small rural community is about to lose our deputy county sherrif. We want to keep him. There is very little to no crime here, and historically we lose our deputy as much as we keep him, but it is like maintenence, having a deputy around does keep the kids in line etc. He's a nice guy, gives out way more warnings than tickets, and lots of folks have signed the petition, including me, to keep him.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2001 | 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

What's a state trooper doing patrolling in town anyway? Shouldn't they be out there on busy highways?

Old 06-11-2001 | 09:39 AM
|
Pro Rider

he was up the street patrolling for speeders. well anyways i have settled down. just really iritated at first. would have been nice to have been let off. not like i tried to run away on him. didnt have a choice it was right in front of my house. i know i shouldnt call em pigs, and i generally dont but cops are people too and i have a couple of friends that are cops with all terrain vehicles. the one has a yamaha 400f dirt bike, not registered and stuff and he takes it up the road 80mph right on the hard top. lol. what kind of example is that? there are good ones and bad ones, they are only human. will this affect my auto insurance i wonder?

Quick Reply: the pigs got me