Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Yoshimura Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used the Yoshimura pipe on there Raptor? If so how do you like it?

Old 06-13-2001, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

i put the full system rs3 titanium on my raptor this past saturday. the first thing i noticed was the new growl. it's louder but not like a white bros. the lower rumble isn't too different from my harley. the header pipes changed colors right away. it is normal. and looks cool. i just had a chance to cruise through the front yard that day. i could immediately notice the difference. the next day was unbelievable i was blown away by the new power. the high gearing sometimes caused stalling in tight areas for the raptor. that is not nearly the problem it was. my clutch thanked me right away. the guy i was riding with was on a 400ex; so i couldn't really compare the power in a drag. this coming weekend i'll be with two piped and jetted banshees(one toomey/one fmf).i'll let you know the results. all i can tell you is that if you can afford it go with yoshi. i wanted good looks and performance background. i always want the best for my money. and it will cost you. but it is worth it. the day i put them on my banshee buddy came by. he never has anything positive to say. even he muttered i gotta get one of these.....

Old 06-13-2001, 04:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

RichieRoadRash,
Thanks for the reply, I have had a very hard time finding someone with this exhaust system. I was just about ready to get a Big Gun. I'm the same as you are If i'm going to do something, I do it right and big the first time so I don't have to do it again. I have been shopping for an exhaust since last Sept, and this one keeps catching my eye. I was impressed with the exhaust shoot-out on the 400EX and thats what got me interested in Yoshi. I know it is loud, but is it so loud it is annoying. Yoshi claims 102-104db which is much quieter than Big Gun at 108-110 does that seem about right? Did you gain any top end speed? How about overall performance? How about wheelies in 4th? Thanks for the help

Old 06-13-2001, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

I got my yoshi titanium pipe from denton racing. there is a link to their site on my site. I remember when I was the first one in this forum who bought one and people thought I was nuts for that much $ but IT'S WORTH IT!! It's quieter than a big gun.my raptor with yosh titanium full race system

Old 06-14-2001, 01:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys, thanks for the replys have either of you had the chance to compare this pipe to some others?

Old 06-14-2001, 06:17 AM
Pro Rider

my buddy troy who has a 400ex is obviously noise sensitive. i decided this when he was constantly griping about this other guy's white bros. on another ex. i knew the yoshi wasn't as loud as the white bros. as soon as i started it up but i did wonder what he would say.(didn't care...just wondered.) he said it wasn't nearly as loud as the white bros. i guess what i'm saying is if "Mr. Sensitivity" can handle it you'll dig it. as far as top goes; i've got a buddy with a banshee that loves to drag race. after he rode my raptor around after i put the pipes on i mentioned a drag race. he just hung his head. his piped banshee was slightly faster top end. i'll let you know how things are after this weekend. during the 4th my raptor, 2banshees, a 400ex and a 250r and a few others are taking a trip to pearl river in jackson,ms for all out war. can't wait.

Old 06-14-2001, 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Good luck on the 4th, I'm pretty sure I will get the Yoshi, just have to order it. I'm a little nervous about spending that much money, and possible not being happy with the performance. Yoshi is one of the most expensive pipes and i hope it performs like one.

Old 06-14-2001, 05:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

yall heard anything on the new pro circiut raptor exuast system???? and how is it compared to othe