Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

100 HP Supercharged Raptor possible?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let you know, everything below the line is a cut and paste job from a post I read elsewhere.
Anyone have older issues of the publication that he's looking for? It'd be cool to find out more about this.
__________________________________________________ _____

"tiny company in N.J takes out ad. they are a "distributorship" and import crap. they know jack about superchargers but dealt w/ an italian company in the past, who happened to build supercharger kits for the 660 engine. this was for the yamaha dualsport bike (xrt600?? i think. something like that) anyway, they were getting 70+hp w/ the kit and around 100 w/ some fancy mods. how do we know? cuz CYCLE NEWS reviewed the kit about 4-5 years ago!!!! so these lamers figure that they'll import the kit as well, charge about 2g's and cash in on the raptor craze. problem... the supercharger bolts on EXACTLY where the oil filter/waterpump is on the current raptor configuration! seems the dualsport and quad share the same engine, w/ some minor exterior differences. ooops!! they jumped the gun and jumped out of business. actually, probably changed their name is all. i spoke w/ one of them ( strong foreign accent ) and he refused to give me info regarding the company so i could call them directly. he said it "is no goooood" for the raptor. i persisted. i figure that this italian company (if they still exist) might be interested in redesigning the kit, given the popularity of the raptor here. i search and search and spend hour after hour on the net trying to find these guyz. they do or DID exist! no luck. not even close.

but hey! lets call cycle news!!! they did the review for it, even tho' it was not a bike available here. i called them in so. cal about 4 weeks ago. check this. i asked them to run a search ( hey, isn't everybody up to at least the mid 80's ?) they laughed at me and said not a chance -- ALL BACK ISSUES ARE CURRENTLY IN STORAGE IN A JANITORS CLOSET!!! I kid you not!! not even in complete order, mind you. this is a modern magazine company!!! i figure that somebody will remember the article, but as luck has it, only 2 people were even WITH the mag 4 years ago and they were both on vacation. but i WAS invited down to look for myself and search the piles. haven't made it to LA yet.
SO HELP !!!! if anybody has any better ideas OR has 4-5 years back issue of cycle news, let's get it on!! if these paizanos are still around, it's worth my dime to call them. it cannot be that hard to find this company. "