Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Think about it.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2001, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IF: if's and but's were candies and nuts, we'd all have some!

Think about it!

If you ride today wondering what will be tomorrow, then don't ride at all. I'm so sick of the pissin and moanin about "what could and what it will be". Just ride what you have, with what you can afford and enjoy it. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully another mfg will come out with bigger and better quad, making the other mfg's step up to the plate.

Old 06-27-2001, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with JWRANGER. I am sick and tired of Honda guys chirping hahaha our 400EX can do just as good as a Raptor on the track and in tight woods. I would say that is pretty stupid Honda has used the same frame twice no refinement what so ever. And of course the 400EX is a good quad they had 11 years to think of how to beat a Warrior and Banshee. If Yamaha would have though for 11 years on how to build a better quad then Honda wouldn't stand a chance. Besides lets count how many sports each MFG has. Honda 1(400EX) it's the only worth talking about. Yamaha 3(Raptor,Warrior and Banshee). Yeah I know now your going to bring up that fact that the 300EX can out handle a Warrior, but the Warrior kicks it's butt everywhere else. And who knows the 300EX is probably got a smaller version of a 250R. But I agree who cares if anyone makes a better quad as long as you ride your quad responsibly and have fun on it then it doesn't matter what quad you ride.

Old 06-27-2001, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah but isn't that the whole point? If we Bitch enough, and the manufacturers see themselves losing market share, they will listen and improve their products. This Forum is a great place to arrive at a consensus. Like, Polaris are too heavy, the 400EX handles great but is underpowered, the Raptor has some reliability questions, but is the lightest/most powerful/best handling all-around sport quad.
There are lighter, and more powerful and better handling quads, but the Raptor has the best combination of all three. Remember the Dirtwheels shoot-out, The Raptor came in second, or tied for first in almost everything.
There is lots of room for improvement in this industry. Face it, it's been asleep for a decade, and with the fire just starting between these giants we should be the ultimate winners. Honda will take its time, and then hopefully come out with something much better. But the Rubicon has had its 15 minutes of fame, it deserved only 5. Honda better do a better job with their new sport quad than they did with the Ruby. The new Grizzly along with the Raptor have made Yamaha one hell of a line-up. Honda is in the back seat with Polaris right now.
What do I care if Honda comes out with a better quad than the Raptor? I have no allegiance to any brand!! I don't own stock in any of these companies. Brand Loyalty is childish, it is utter
Bu11$hi+. I want a better product, who cares who makes it. Competition improves the breed. Formal racing or marketplace competition means we get better machines. SO KEEP ON BITCHING!! and we'll get better quads. Don't let these manufacturers think they've "got you". They'll just feed you crap and take your money. We've got to keep them on their toes, we the fickle consumer,
the educated consumer, the DEMANDING CONSUMER!! WE WANT THE BEST, AND WE WANT IT FOR LE$$!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2001, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

I never have understood Yamaha owners. You guys just can't seem to see some important points. Of course the 350 Warrior beats the 300ex. Guess what? Its got a bigger engine. The 400 is an awesome bike by all means. Who ever says its junk just needs to go to the house and stay there.Go to a local moto x track and take abut 10 laps on a warrior then another 10 on an ex. The 300ex feels totally better. The warrior gets to bucking in the whoops and gets to be a pain, and so does the Banshee.

<< I would say that is pretty stupid Honda has used the same frame twice no refinement what so ever >>

Why change something that all the aftermarket companies still copy today? The 250r frame is awesome.

<< . I only posted because I get so sick of the die hard Honda guys who think no other quads exist. >>

We know good and well what other quads exist. We've rode these Yamaha's too.

Old 06-27-2001, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

WHEN HONDA GROWS THE ***** TO PUT A 650CC MOTOR IN THERE EX LINE CHECK BACK WITH US AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT THEN!!!!!!! SOLD MY HONDA 300 EX CAUSE IT WAS TOO SLOW

Old 06-27-2001, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer

samhonda-
You are Forgoting about the Banshee Even Smaller Cc's and Banshees kill 400 Ex's!!

Old 06-27-2001, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

THE BANSHEE IS A TWIN CYLINDER 2 STROKE 350 AGAINST A 1 CYLINDER 4 STROKE. NO WONDER ITS FASTER......DUH...ITS A 2 STROKE AND IT TOO HAS LIQUID COOLING AND DUAL CARBS AND ANOTHER PISTON!!

Old 06-27-2001, 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

All I have is this experience: My 660 Grizzly (hmm...not a sport machine) against my buddies stock 2000 400 ex. On hard pack , he jumps me a length at the line , I pass him at about 35 mph and have him by about 4 lengths and still pulling when I hit top speed of 68 on the GPS. 71 on the speedo [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] . We have tried this numerous times and each time it is the same result. last I saw my Grizzly weighed ALOT more and had a automatic transmission. I have never ridden a raptor but if the My grizzly shed 150 lbs and got a standard transmission I do believe I would have even better luck. It's just my experience , your mileage may vary...

Brad

Old 06-27-2001, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

I was going to make a nice polite post but screw that. First of all, Honda makes some nice high quality machines. But guess what, so does Yamaha. End of politeness. SOME of you Honda guys need to pull your heads out of your rectums and get real. Here's a news flash for you: Honda makes quads that are boring an amazingly mediocre. Name one stand-out Honda quad... Right, there are none; they are all run of the mill, safe, boring little machines that anybody can ride an be less likely to get hurt on so Honda won't get sued. Even Polaris, the brand everybody loves to bash, at least has some ingenuity and diversity in it's line-up.

And please don't give me that &quot;put a 400ex on the motocross track or tight woods and see what it can do&quot; crap. How many of you REALLY ride that much and push it that hard in these conditions? Some but not that many. Besides a Raptor or Cannondale will perform as well or nearly as well and still smoke it on any straightaway to boot. A 400ex doesn't have reverse... you know, that thing you need in the woods so very often. Please!!!

You guys are making excuses for your machines because EVERY other manufacturer that makes a sport quad can beat the 400ex in at least one way or another and most beat in several aspects. You guys say the Raptor is too tall, Cannondale too expensive, the Bombardier too big, the Banshee doesn't count becasue it's a 13 year old design (umm, don't you guys brag about the 400ex having the same frame geometry as the even older 250R) and even a Polaris 400 will smoke a 400ex in a drag race and it has 4x4 and reverse too.

Samhonda get real for just a moment, all of these machines will kill a 400ex in a drag race. It's not even close. Bring your 400ex to the dunes and it's even more embarrassing. It's funny seeing those 400exs struggling to go up a big steep sand hill in first gear with their engine screaming and have a Banshee scream by doing a 3rd gear wheelie past them like they were standing still.

And please don't give me that &quot;if Honda put the 650 or CRF450 engine in the 400ex frame&quot; garbage. It's a dream, Honda is so buttoned-down corporate CYA they will likely NEVER produce a true high performance quad again. It was funny watching all you guys hoping and speculating about he NEW honda's coming out... Will it have a 450 or 650 engine??? Hah! It was a 250ex. I laughed for days about that one.

So, all of you whiny crying Honda guys who down deep really, really, really, wish you had bought a better and faster quad it's time to give it up and face facts. You are so blindly devoted to a company who who is so afraid to push the edge that the 400ex is as good as it will ever get. Honda knows that and will keep selling these things to their unenlightened faithful followers for years to come. Save your money and make the aftermarket rich or break down and buy a Yamaha, Bombardier or Cannondale and move on in to the 21st century. Either way, quit with the excuses be happy with you got or trade up to something with some real performance.

This only applies to those such as samhonda and bermbanger who refuse to acknowledge any other brand than what they own.

Old 06-27-2001, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

&quot;It's tue thatthe 400EX is surprisingly competitive with the big boys. But I ouldn't sy it is competitive thanks to its power...more because of the lack of power of the Raptor and DS. Also remember that the EX engine is the most recent of the gang (Raptor and DS are 10 years old). It's not a Honda thing...it just takes one manufacturer to have the guts to coe out with a non powered down quad...and I say CANNONDALE!!!
To all the crazy gus who still live for &quot;honda's sport quad&quot; in remembering of the 250Rs (they actually were the best 10-15 years ago)...but now, if Honda wants to keep its sport side, it better hurry to dump that 450CRF in the quad frame...just like Yamaha should have done it with their 426YZF...

There's more to an engine than a name and technical data. It's not because Honda will come out with a 650EX...&quot;

Well...this was the beginning of my post...then I thought it made nonsens...since one isn't able to understand that &quot;a 400 can keep up with 650...wow it would be fast if it were a honda 650&quot; DUH!

Just like Wyo...*uck politeness...you stupid 12 years old, get a life!

PS I'm not offended by what you said...just sick of stupid posts.