Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How many of you rejetted after adding a Proflow on your Raptors??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious before I install mine. Dealers are closed tomorrow and I don't want to install it tonight and have to rip it out at the track tomorrow if it is too lean.

How do you clean and oil these things? It can not be ringed out like the normal foam filters???

Thanks!

Old 06-30-2001, 03:25 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I installed mine yesterday. Rejetted today. I personally think it was to complicated to install. I cut most of the inside of the airbox to make it work. The picture supplied with the directions was not printed well enoough to see. You have to remove the 2 metal rings inside the filter to oil it. I wish i had got a k@N. Over the long haul i think the pro-design will be better. I just don't look forward to servicing the filter. I put my yama muffler on first and my jetting was questionable. After i installed the pro-design and cut the flap out of the snorkle it would not run. Rejetted with the Dyno-jet kit today now it runs. This is how it should have come from the factory. Sat. will make a couple runs against my friends stock raptors to verify the difference.

Old 06-30-2001, 07:23 PM
Range Rover

this doesnt have nething to do with jetting, but i have a prodesign pro flow on my raptor and now i am having to rebuild it. the reason is, it wasn't sealing off against the airbox and it sucked a bunch of sand and dirt into my engine. the little o-ring isn't really enough, so now i have some silicone in between it and the airbox so it will seal off. so before u put it on, u might run a bead of silicone around it just for insurance, never hurts