Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

North Texas Raptor Riders

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everbody, Who is interested in joining us at Aledo July 14th (Sat) for a good time at the track we built at Marks place? Let me know and I will send directions. The track looks like it will be a blast and so far there are about 5 miles of trails without repeating one (the plan is for 12 miles of trails). There is also a branch of the Trinity river on the property with a way to get down to it. The river part is small right now but would be great for 4X4's for those who have them. I will bring mine along with the Raptors. The track is designed for speed with high banked turns. The jumps are friendly and optional right now. By that I mean that we kept the lips on the jumps off until skill levels get up to par. Chris and Rex say we made it a sissy track but believe me it is not. They could not understand that some of us do not have much interest in doubles and triples right now. The jumps are there for those that want them though. Mark says that Saturday will be the Raptor Riders of North Texas Club day with more days to follow if the interest is there. We are looking forward to as many as can make to show up. We are also looking for ideas to make it better. We hauled in about 7000 yards of dirt from various parts of the property and still need to haul more. We decided to play on it a while until we decide where to make additional challenges otherwise it would never be done. You can take a look at pics of the construction of the track at...
http://communities.msn.com/raptoralley
The track layout is right at a half mile long with 13 big burm turns and jumps.

Old 07-01-2001, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Hey RaptorRRC! A buddy and I are going to be relocating down to texas in about 1 1/2 yrs. I was wondering if you could maybe mail me some newspapers with classifieds or something like that cause we were going to look at buying land around the san antonio area. If you can email me and I will give you my address and I will reimburse you for the postage!

Old 07-01-2001, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Hey.. Have any of you guys ever been to Badlands MX?? They are having a TQRA weekend the 14th, and their night race is the 13th. If you guys want some serious competition, come! They have Open Amateur, Open 4 Stroke Trophy, and Open Pro.. You guys should get in Open 4 Stroke Trophy.. They are really good, not many people.. Wide open.. The track's awesome! Mail me when you get your track finished.. How far is Aledo from Tyler?? Later

Old 07-01-2001, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

I am going from memory but I think Tyler is only about 2.5 hours from here. We are only 20 miles west of Fort Worth right offof I-20. go for a ride and join us on the 14th. I will be send out directions as the date gets closer.

Old 07-01-2001, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

We are not near San Antonio and any information I couold send you would be from the DFW area.

Old 07-02-2001, 12:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Black raptors rule! RRC do you know how to do the blue click deal for the pics? You know that i am computer challenged.

Old 07-02-2001, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Blue click deal????

Old 07-02-2001, 01:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Somehow you can highlight the web site address and turn it into a link so that i can "click" on it and "boom" i am there. I went to your web and did not get in. When it ask me more than 2 questions i am screwed. I don't even know my e-mail adress.

Old 07-02-2001, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

Oh, you mean a hot link! I have not figure out how to put a hot link in here yet. I will send you an e-mail with the hot link.

Old 07-02-2001, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

14mins, did you get on my web site?

Quick Reply: North Texas Raptor Riders