Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

!!HELP!! ASAP JUST REBUILT RAPTOR PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2001, 03:08 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i just got my engine back together, i cranked it and let it run for a while, and whenever i hit the gas it pops, with a lil black smoke and sometimes a lil fire. the only thing different than what it was is we did some minor porting and had a 5 angle valve job done.
now, would this affect the jetting in neway? im also thinkin that i might have the timing off or something, because i have a sparks 6 degree advance timing key on it and its kinda hard to time it just right when ur tryin to put it together. any kind of help is greeatly appreciated, and i need to know As Soon As Possible!

THANX

Old 07-01-2001, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

As far as I know, any time you change to airflow or ignition of any motor, you must rejet. I would take out that key, jet it, then when everything is broken in, put the key back on, and check the jetting.
I don't know about a raptor, but that should work for most any other motor.

Old 07-01-2001, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

DIRT,
IS IT JUST ME OR IS YOU WEBSITE MESSED UP? I OPENED IT UP AND IT JUST KEPT FLASHING!

Old 07-01-2001, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

OH ****!!! I have been doing some work on it lately. Homestead told me that the free version of their sites will be limited to 3 pages, so I did some remodeling. I plan on building a new site with tripod or geocites. And to think, I have almost 1200 views on the counter. Putting my site in my sig really helped.

Old 07-01-2001, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Alright I fixed my sig. I'm deleting my homestead account and starting over with geocites or something. I needed to change it anyhow since I've changed so much on my quad, I might as well have a new site.

If anyone knows a good place to build a site, private message me asap.

Thanks for the heads up NorthernEdge.

Old 07-01-2001, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

Damn man, I told you to take that Sparks thing off. Dont you whink you may want to go up a few on the jet sizes? U know that bike still has the stock Pilot jets in it dont you. May want to order some 27.5 pilots for it. U need to ask jason for all those jets i gave him, if he does not have them I still have everything up to a 185 for it, but you are gonna have to get your own damn pilot jets. I think you are just a punk and are scared that my stock Raptor is gonna kick the bushings out of your modded one. Anyhow, when you get it running right let me know and we will line them up on the street and see what a man you really are

Old 07-01-2001, 11:37 PM
Range Rover

oh noooo, big bad no2strokebs! dont hurt me! well look i ran it some more and now it runs great, it was already too rich the way jason had it, so now i think its pretty good. so whenever ur ready to bring ur weak a$$ ugly craptor to get the yellow paint bead blasted off ur grill from my roost, just come on over and bring a welding hood, cause ur gonna need it. and after that u'll sell it cause u know u wont never have one that will even run close with it. i know ur a puss, but grow some ***** and unscrew the throttle stop, and come on

Old 07-02-2001, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Damn man, that was kinda hard. You better get some *** over that gas tank or you are gonna be looking at taillights. We ought to go to Red River and run them down the strip, I have been wanting to make a few runs in the hot weather to see if I need to back off on the jetting any. And if I cant outrun your punk *** since u did the engine mods Ill dare you to a wheelie distance contest, and If I cant win that one ill race you on my Lakota VS your Rancher, and trust me, u dont want to anger the Lakota, I have found pieces of meaner quads than yours in its ****.