Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Dallas Riding Area's

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 11:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed quite a few ppl were wanting to know where good riding area's are in dallas. If you know of a place reply to this and give feedback on the track. It seems to me there are alot of places ppl dont know about.Marshall Creek- Plain trails basically riding the same thing over and over. Few mud holes not many ruts. Good Beginner spot wide open area. Watch out for the Cops they are as*holes and write you a ticket for getting on the road. It happened to me but I guess wide open throtle right past him doesnt help much. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Hwy78 Engineer Site- Great mudding place after it rains. Once it is dry it has ruts all over the place very hard on the quad. Not very big. Has hills on the back side also another good learning place. Little Sahara OK- BADA*S if you like the sand. Good dunes a staight away for drag's and really cool trails around the outside of the dunes. You can ride 24 hours a day. 7 dollars to ride a month ago not sure if they have changed it. Must have a flag. Really cool at night watching the sand rails but be carful you can get lost at night real easy. I love going here but it is 6 hours away from Dallas.Jack Barnett Mx Track- 8 dollars ride all day till night fall. Well maintained track watered daily and has nice trails in the back to cool off on after burning sh*t up on the track. I ride this place all the time. Take 75 north to 691 turn right and go till it dead ends. Turn left and it is your first right. Be carful it is real easy to miss and you can't see it off the road. I recommend this place as the BEST Dallas Location. I spend alot of time at this placeBadlands-10 dollars to ride. Open Wed, Fri, Sat. Wed and fri are the only days you can ride for a while it is open from six to ten and sat you can practice for an hour then they have races.

Please add to this thread I know of more but I would be here all day. I will add very frequently

Old 07-17-2001, 01:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a good web site that list most all places in the DFW area to ride. The site is GOPLAYINTHEDIRT.COM, it has two section, In Town and Out of Town. Two places on the Out of Town section that I've been wanting to visit are, Fun Wheeler Park (they cater to ATV's) and Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area. If anyone has inside info on either of these please let me know what you liked or disliked.

Red River(Muenster)- This is the best place I've been to ride so far. It has about 2500 acres of trails that border the Red River. You can go out on the river banks and drag race, chase one another through the trails, or tackle so of the more technical trails ment for motorcycles.

Rocky Ridge - As the name says its very Rock in some areas. They do have a SMALL MX track and alot of jumps. Theres also a hill climb thats about 50 yards tall at 50 to 60 degrees.

Crawford Park - Small limited area good for after work rides during the week.

All of the above ar on the web site with directions. (go play in the dirt.com) (all one word)