Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what should i do

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today i went for a ride on the Warrior. She was running great. I get to a stop sign and look down at my boot cuz it was really slippery. I see oil squirting out of my engine between the base gasket and cylinder. I took it home and it sits in the garage. I have put alot of money into my quad. Close to 1000 dollars and it runs great, when it runs. I really really love how it ride and handles but i'm really bitter at it for all the problems i'm having with it. should i sell it and get another warrior, or should i just fix it up again and keep it, like i've done so many other times? I really like the Warriors, and i don't have the money to get a raptor. I really don't like the 400ex's and i've ridden one for close to 5 hours so i know how it runs. I love the warrior. what do you think i should do becuz right now i'm so mad that i could just take a hammer and deystroy my engine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2001, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'm with you. I love the Warrior. You gotta relax, though. That could have happened to any bike or quad. I know because I just finished putting base gaskets on my 1991 Harley for the 4th time in 10 years. I like working on the bikes even though I enjoy riding them even more. Buy a head gasket and a base gasket and change them. It should only take a couple of hours. Stick with the Warrior you have.

Old 07-27-2001, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer

MY friend has a warrior. And hes always having problems with it every time he goes riding something breaks. I think warriors are awesome but not to offend any of you but it does have reliability concerns. But when they run there really great quads

Old 07-27-2001, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my warrior used. and the guy that had it before me didn't take good care of it as i'm finding out. don't worry though. after i get it fixed this time i will have rebuilt the whole entire engine and i will know exactly what i have and i will know it's put together the right way. I am going to keep it. my quad really reallyr eally runs. i am surprised. i can keep up to a stock banshee and i can kill a 400ex with a pipe. so i'm going to keep it. thanks guys, and any quad will have bad reliability probs if not properly taken care of. don't worry though. i baby it ALOT.

Old 07-28-2001, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

My 1995 Warrior is bone stock and has never had even the slightest problem. I don't ride it that much anymore but I think most people would say they are VERY reliable. A friend has a 1988 (I think) warrior that is bone stock and runs perfect too. Maintenance and being careful when you do the mods are the key... They are good machines, take the time to figure out what's wrong and keep it is my opinion.

Old 07-29-2001, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I got it fixed and WOW. It runs better now that it ever has. I tore the top end off and found out that my head and base gaskets were leaking oil, I was missing some o-rings, seals, and two dial pins to keep separation between the studs for the head and the cylinder. There was no harm done to the engine at all, I made sure of that. I got it all put together. I even took it for a ride. I had to be quiet cuz mom and dad was sleeping but I did manage to get her wound out. WOW. I have 36 disks on my WB E series pipe, bored .010 over, K & N, and a few other minors and it really runs. I"m not sellin it. Just thought i'd let you all know the outcome of the problem.

Old 07-29-2001, 12:36 AM
Range Rover

Bring that BAD A%% warrior to pittsburgh and see if you keep up to this Banshee.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2001, 12:40 AM
RIP Dear Friend

WOW, Someone at yamaha needs to hire you real Quick, You did all that tonight.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]