Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Alba Raptors

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking in a mag today and actually paid attention to the Alba add this time. Are there kits any good? It comes with a complete pipe (I'm guessing header and silencer), jetted (my area is a little lower than where they are but close), a pro-flow (is this an intake or an air filter?), and a graphics kit that looked pretty cool. It costs the same as the dealership here is selling them for and its only a four hour drive to pick one up at Alba for me.

So what do you think, are they any better than stock really? I cant imagine they are worse and if nothing else you get a nice graphics kit right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Let me know what you think, Aaron.

Old 07-30-2001, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

Well, if your going to get a Raptor for sure, it might as well be one from Alba. Since you are close enough to drive down and get one (even if it is 4 hours, you can easily go down and back in a day) I can't see the any reason not to. Like you said, they come with the performance parts plus the graphics kit right from the factory. They are obviously better than stock.

Plus on their website, it talked about their team winning some big race or something like that. I didn't pay much attention, since I'm too poor to afford one anyway.

I have never delt with them, so I don't know the details, but if it's as simple as going down, giving them the cash and bringing it home go for it. I don't see how you could have anything to lose.

-Josh

Old 07-30-2001, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my Raptor from Alba and would recommend them. I really like the pipe combo they set mine up with. Be cautious about the advertised price though. I negotiated an out the door price on mine but have heard at least two other people mention that Alba more than makes up for the price by charging high delivery and setup fees.

Old 07-31-2001, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

Hey I was thinking about getting an alba raptor too. What is there web address and have you heard any comparisons to the stock raptor. Do you think the kit would be worth the money.

Old 07-31-2001, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

http://www.albaaction.com is the website. Well, the Alba Raptors are priced the same as a stock Raptor (I guess depending on the dealer though), but I have also heard things about additional charges like mentioned above. I don't speak from experience though.

-Josh