Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

trinity 727bb kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear BansheeBrad, I think I would still be callin Trinity and giving them peices of my mind. But who knows, maybe you're a "one off" customer? But I agree with you, like you said, a 420 kit costs around $2500, with some other stuff, and that's alot of money to have died up in something that sits still for months. I just bought LSR A-Arms and am having a helluh time getting the spindals reamed. It seems like Lonestar would use the same ball joints.. oh well.

Trinity has a good reputation.. all in all.. I would give them a look, if CT couldn't help me. If you are looking into a 4-stroke kit, call TC!!!

Old 08-09-2001, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

cctman,

You name it, I've spoke to them. The only other company I truly considered, actually almost had them do the work, was Bikeworx.

Feel free to e-mail and I'll give you the info I found on all the companies, contacts, phone #'s, etc.. I spoke with about 8 builders.

j.bikoff@icindustries.com

Later,
Swy

Old 08-09-2001, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

So you needed a piston that was not in stock. Why did the piston fail?? Was it your jetting??

Anyway, we are not talking pesky Banshees here. The piston that Trinity uses in the Raptor is a JE -- the same piston you can buy direct from JE. As for CT, they use Ross pistons. Now if you want a real problem, try to get a CT piston for the Raptor direct from Ross. You will find that CT had their pistons made .001 larger than all other pistons. GOOD LUCK.

You might want to check the article about the Trinity 686 Raptor in ATV Action this month. As for Bikeworx, they also make a great 660 motor. You decide but don't crap on a company with a great reputation just because you could not keep your Banshee running.

By the way, what is your real name, I would like to confirm exactly what the problem was (according to Trinity) -- just to be fair.

Old 08-09-2001, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

well, i ordered the piston and cam from fst yesterday.i'll let you guys hear how that goes. i called trinity. i did get worried that if things didn't go right; sending a motor to cali. and back a few times could get expensive.

Old 08-10-2001, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

richieroadrash how much did you give for your yoshi exhaust??

Old 08-11-2001, 08:37 AM
Range Rover

Any of you guys know if these kits would fit the new grizz? Would I lose any low end?

Old 08-17-2001, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

i payed around 600. they screwed up the price but sent the right pipe. the header and pipe i ordered was around 750. lucky me. anyway i jetted up to 145 & 150. i believe it could step up one more but i'm not going to mess with it till the piston & cam gets here. i also put a 12 tooth sprocket on it the other day. that made second very usuable now. my buddy just got a raptor. it's stock. i could not believe the difference. i highly recommend the set up.

Old 08-18-2001, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

By getting the full system, I would be guessing that you got the race version pipe? Did you get the full sytem all at one time, or get the silencer, then the header? If you separated, how much HP gain did you get with just the silencer? Exactly how much louder than stock is it? I have a friend on a Yoshi'd 400EX, and I can hear him a mile away! It sounds awesome though!

Old 08-18-2001, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

As an ATV engine builder myself, I was very curious to see how it was that Trinity arrived at there 727 displacement.

It sells for $2399 without shipping and consists of a 105MM big bore piston[stock is 100MM]. A re-sleeved stock cylinder, cam, valve springs, gaskets, port work, and re-jetting the stock carbs.

Personally, I'm hoping to run into a running version of one of these motors this season. If the power claims are accurate, it should beat one of my standard motors, such as the one I've had in my quad for 8 months now[without any reliability questions at all], but then again, I have a whole list of upgrades I can still do if it does.[no, I don't build Raptor motors, but another motor with the same bore and almost the same stroke]

I am not questioning Trinitys ability at all, but 70HP is alot to build with nothing at all done to the bottom end. I also feel that 5MM worth of cylinder material is an awfull lot to lose with nothing done to help in cooling the motor. I'm not trying to bash, but I'd be cautious.

Old 08-18-2001, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

hey raptor720, don't be such an IDIOT. LOL bansheebrad obviously had a bad time dealing with trinity and he has a right to let everyone know about it. As far as not being a banshee question, who cares.... We all ride here and everyone's opinion and ideas are appreciated by most of us, well except for you.

Quick Reply: trinity 727bb kit