Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just got my 2002 Grizz!! Questions, comments and pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the wait is finally over. Just picked up my new Grizz. Only rode it for 30 minutes. Some comments: brakes seem almost non-existent, especially the front ones. I’m surprised at how loud it is…also the rear tail light seem like it’s going to vibrate off. There’s a little smoke coming off the pipe underneath the seat. I think it’s just some cleaner or something burning off. Normal? The fan seems to like to run a lot. My old Polaris’ fan never ran, it was air-cooled though. Seems pretty skinny.

This thing steers so effortlessly I can’t believe it. Wasn’t even trying and hit 48 MPH (less than half throttle). If it’s got power like that all the way through the power band full throttle, it is definitely faster than my modded 400EX . I love the looks. Very comfortable. There’s no way this thing rides as good as my old Sportsman, although it’s not broke in yet and have only hit a little rough stuff.
I just hope I’ll be happy with it. I swore I’d always buy Honda, but there’s no way the Rubicon is a better value than this (if it holds up). Anyway, I’ll be taking it out for a 30-40 mile run tomorrow…it’s the wife’s quad anyway. OUT
here's some pics

Old 08-17-2001, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

3TV..There has been no puckering yet. So that would be the weekend of the 25-26?? Yeah you can take the 660, if I can take the 650[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. The 25th is our 6 yr. anniversary, so that could or could not be a nice way to celebrate it. I'll have to talk to the wife. Is there places to pitch the tent?? And also to pitch the tent[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]?? OUT

Old 08-18-2001, 05:49 PM
Trailblazer

Hey!! On my new grizz it did the smoke thing just until it got good and hot and it has not done it since. I think it is just somthing burning off the exhaust. The fan on minr would run alot when new but now i hardly ever hear it running, so it will get better. The IRS is a little stiff when new but will just get better when you get it broke in. My breaks were junk when i first got my grizz, they would hardly stop the thing. But after some use they are great, they just need to be broke in like everything else does. When you get some riding time in and everything starts to losen up you will be very happy with it, i am!!

I have 400 miles on mine and love it!!! Hope this helps!!

Old 08-18-2001, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

<< Hey!! On my new grizz it did the smoke thing just until it got good and hot and it has not done it since. I think it is just somthing burning off the exhaust. The fan on minr would run alot when new but now i hardly ever hear it running, so it will get better. The IRS is a little stiff when new but will just get better when you get it broke in. My breaks were junk when i first got my grizz, they would hardly stop the thing. But after some use they are great, they just need to be broke in like everything else does. When you get some riding time in and everything starts to losen up you will be very happy with it, i am!!

I have 400 miles on mine and love it!!! Hope this helps!!
>>

Ditto,yeah what he said[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2001, 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

I only have 240 on mine,but I still love it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2001, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah,it is noisy, in my case I can hear a front gear case whining, it sounds like a piece of junk /spec. when it hits around 20 miles/.Big disapointment for me.....?/11 hours only and it p%%s me off big time/. I hope I'll get used to it......