Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee owners,please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I am undergoing a banshee project this coming fall.
I need to know what is the best motor mods for a stock banshee. I was thinking fmf pipes, k&n filters, boyesen reeds and (spacers?) what else? I only plan to spend about
$1000. what kind of fmf pipes should I get? fattys? I do mostly woods riding and some mud. I would like to get rid of the stock air box but I do get into the mud a bit any suggestions? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] any and all help is appreciated.

Old 08-20-2001, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure you have noticed the lack of low end power on the Banshee. Since you have narrowed it down to FMF pipes, and you are doing trail riding, and some mud, I would recommend the Gnarlys. The Fatty is more of a mid, to top end pipe, while the Gnarly focuses its power delivery on low end, to midrange. I know Gnarly's aren't very popular on quads, but a friend of mine is running them, and I will be very soon.

Next, Instead of reed valves and spacers, I would recommend a RAD valve. The Reed works better on smaller CC engines, but RAD really gives your bigger engine a punch. Mine has been clocked with stock pipes, and RAD valves going 83.

Also, you should get a Pro-Flow kit, with a K&N filter. This will give you more airflow, and then rejet it. With all these mods, it will increase your Banshees ride-ability all over the engines power.

After you get these, I would say you should try to improve the handling of the quad. It has the power, just needs some help handling. I have Works shocks on mine, and I am well pleased with them. It jumps sooooo much better. You probably wouldn't have enough $ to get them, and the pipes too.