Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How many Raptor owners are there one here???

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hay guys new to the forum. This forum rips man! I bought mine at the begining of the month. I love it so far I have not been on a quad in about ten years. I am having a blast! Back to the question at hand mine seems to grind a bit when you go to reverse and back to first just wanted to get some advise and to see if this has happened to anyone else?
Thanks!

Old 08-29-2001, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

....I was wondering if you made it through Jr. High School or just dropped out in elementary school? Misspelling to the point of using a different word with a different meaning is what illiteracy is all about. "How many Raptor owners are there one here?" ?? Trouble and percentage we got. Please everyone, re-read your threads and posts, especially the titles, and EDIT appropriately.
...These Forums are a great place to improve your writing skills. Writing about something you enjoy and are interested in is a fantastic way to become a better writer and a more literate person.
Take the time to re-read your posts and correct what you can BEFORE you post it. I often edit what I have missed as soon as I have posted it. Somehow, seeing it in a different type makes mistakes I've made show up that I didn't catch the first, second or third time...
...Now I know this isn't English class, obviously, but some of these posts are nearly unintelligeble. Some of the run-on, one sentence, all in lower case, posts are paricularly annoying.
....This is one of those "Strive to be a better person" kind of things...Try it, those of us reading your posts will greatly appreciate it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2001, 09:55 PM
Range Rover

hey check out the thread titled " Second gear took a dump on my Raptor " .

im trying to get repair work orders faxed to me to build my case against them on this weak 2001 tranny problem

Old 08-29-2001, 10:45 PM
Range Rover

me quad run goodly!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Actually mine has run perfect since day one!

Old 08-30-2001, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

The only problem I have had with my California Raptor, knock on wood, is the left carb popped off once. I picked it up in April 2001 but oddly enough I have a very low serial#, in the 1600's. So far I have put about 50 hours on it and man do I love this thing!

Old 08-30-2001, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

I can't comment much, I just got mine last Sunday (THANKS WARREN). It's been raining everyday since then, I've only ridden it about 30 minutes. I bought it used, if the guy I bought it from is on here, he'll be able to tell more about it but it seems to run just fine.

-Mitch

Old 08-30-2001, 04:28 AM
Range Rover

I've had my Raptor since Sept.12,00 without any mechanical problems. Raptors rip...and that's the bottom-line.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

01 Raptor Blk/White (stock) If it's not broken don't fix it
01 Suzuki GSX-R750 Blue/White

Old 08-30-2001, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

gOTZ ME a bLU 1. Luvs it. nO probs yyet, cept fRame Kracks fRom Jumpin.

Fourlix,
i hope my most gave you the same feeling i got from reading yours. Don't know quite why. But it rubbed me the wrong way. If illiterate people are posting on the internet. Good for them. They're going in the right direction. It beats listening to people preach like yourself. Wait a minute...now i'm doing it. Damn! See what you started?

AAAAaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!

Old 08-30-2001, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer

I've had mine since January. I only rode it about 12 hours then I had to put it up for 4 months cause I had to go back to Korea. Anyways I rode it real easy and didn't hit any jumps for the 12 hours. When I got back in May I bent the axle after about 2 hours of riding. Then about a week later the boots blew off the carbs but I fixed that prob. I'm not to smart when it comes to engine stuff but I am pretty sure that my clutch is about to go. I try adjusting it but when I shift from neutral to 1st is slams in there. It just doesn't sound or feel right to me. Other than that I have had a great summer on it. I bought a 4 year warranty for it but of course it doesn't cover the clutch.

Old 08-30-2001, 03:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own a Raptor. I ride every weekend since last october.
Only problem I have had is a one way clutch bearing (starter).

Quick Reply: How many Raptor owners are there one here???