Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

my week at silver lake on RAPTOR

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2001 | 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

You guys with Banshees that are modded should try to ride in sand at least once. The explosive power of a well modded Banshee in the sand is awesome.

Old 09-01-2001 | 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

I don't own either one so I could care less, but here is what ATV news said when they did a shoot out and actually put a Radar gun on them. See for your selves.

http://www.atvsport.com/output.cfm?id=33571

Old 09-01-2001 | 11:25 PM
|
Pro Rider

when i say mod banshee i mean just pipes and jet kit. no way my raptor could
beat a well built banshee pipes, ported,polished milled head and bored.
i had a shee with all those mods and i know how powerful they can be, but
with all that mods you lose your reliability.

01 BLU 660R

Old 09-02-2001 | 01:47 AM
Trailblazer

Hey vmax sorry i was up at silver lake on the 25th i think i saw you leaving the dunes then didnt see you for the rest of the day, anyways i raced the DS's that where out there and surely didnt lose to them, time and time again.

Old 09-02-2001 | 12:27 PM

Havent you guys noticed that Raptors owners never lose to a DS650 and that DS owners never lose to a Raptor and that these guys never lose to a Banshee even if it is modded.I own a modded Banshee and i too never lost to anyone isnt it amazing.The real question is who the hell are we racing against?...Since none of us ever lose a race... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Imbackformore

Old 09-03-2001 | 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

We race our shadow, -when it is be hind us-

Just to say my warior, a DS, and a raptor all lined up. The flager drpped the flag and i was in front for the 1st 3 gears. Then the raptor passed me then the DS. The Ds got the raptor but then like a mirical the raptor took off, or swiched gears and won the race barly.

Old 09-03-2001 | 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

Back for more,
I've never lost to a Raptor I couldn't beat [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
What I mean by that is just like today. A guy on a Raptor wanted to race me because he'd never seen a DS before. So we race & I win. His friends were surprised, Dirtwheels & Yamahas pr team had them believeing the Raptor was the fastest quad ever. So we race again from a different starting spot. The 2nd time I lost to the Raptor. Like the guy on the Raptor & I talked about it's that close that a perfect start is almost needed to win. To be honest, the piped Banshee's were easier to beat than the stock Raptor. A banshee almost needs to be on a paved road to get a good start, that motor burns the tires off maybe worse than my DS burns it's little stock tires. Banshee's have alot of wheelspin on soft dirt.

Old 09-03-2001 | 10:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

A great article. I apreciate it when guys share info like that. From what I read thought, the 400EX was the best quad. Not the fastest, but the best. wow.

Old 09-03-2001 | 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

Budha,
That's why I like ATV Sport magazine. It's the most honest magazine out there. I read Dirtwheels for the same reason I watch movies like "COOL AS ICE" starring Vanilla Ice, mostly to make fun of it. Dirtwheels is the biggest POS magazine sold!
I think a bunch of 12 year kids write it & they easily cave in to advertising dollars.

Old 09-04-2001 | 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

Well, I had 1 little race this weekend at Rock Springs and I'll tell you what happened:

Myself on my Banshee, 2 stock looking Raptors (1 with knobbies and the other with Skat Trak Edges) and a 400ex raced. We had a starter so it was a fair start. I hate to say it but I REALLY killed all of them. Beating the 400ex is no big deal but the Raptors were only a little bit ahead of it and I was way ahead of the Raptors...

Now I know that Raptors are faster than what these guys were because I have raced others. But if these were the only ones I ever raced before I would think that they were pretty slow. Point is, don't judge every quad by just one or two races.

Quick Reply: my week at silver lake on RAPTOR