Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why is lonestarbanshee not a Pro Rider with 532 posts on this forum.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2001, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lonestarbanshee responded to one of my posts. It was then I noticed he had 532 posts on this forum and had not made Pro Rider. How does this work? Maybe it's the same reason why we do not have a Warrior icon for all the Warrior riding members of this forum. Any ideas?

Old 09-01-2001, 12:22 AM
RIP Dear Friend

We have talked about this before I am not sure how its done either. I know it has something to do with the number of posts and maybe the amount of posts in a given length of time. I just don't know. I am still running with my second choice as a yellow 400ex. You need a warrior and so do so many other people. Maybe there really is a Santa claus and its going to be under the christmas tree this year. A Warrior for you and a black/white Raptor for me. I think I will hide behind the christmas tree this year to get a peep at the real McCoy. Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2001, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Chet, I joined the PA Atving forum and picked out a nice new blue Warrior icon for myself. It's a shame hardly anyone goes to that forum though. Their moderator is a member of this forum and he can't even help us. Isn't that a shame? I think these people are on permanent vacation or just not listening to their members.

Old 09-01-2001, 12:37 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Interesting, I might have to wonder over to PA some time. I can tell big brother is watching over us by some of the posts that are cut out. I was writing on the polaris forum about what a shame what someone had written above and I posted only to find the moderator zapped that one right out from under my feet. I guess the moderators are busy. I count my lucky stars I can sit here and enjoy. Chet

Old 09-01-2001, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

In the help section of this forum it says that after 400 posts you will be a "Pro Rider". I myself am at 524 (plus one more now) and I'm still a "Trail Blazer". I have also noticed that it doesn't matter how long you have been here either. I have been here since last October (I think) and have over the 400 mark too, but yet I see guys that have been here for 2 months and with just over 300 posts and they are "Pro Riders". I think that it has something to do with the Posts per day as well. Either way, it's not a big deal to me...that's not why I come here.

-Josh

Old 09-01-2001, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

i'm at 578 posts (but i've already made a few posts today so i'm higher now) and i'm still a weekend warrior. my guess is that the mods turned that feature off.

Old 09-01-2001, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys.. LOL, it was shocking to see my name on the forum board! I got excited[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It doesn't really matter to me.. the only reason i have that on my signature is to pick on the moderators a little. This forum is the best I have found on the net, and just the "Pro Rider" title's not why I'm here. These folks help me out with any question I have, and I appreciate it.

ridnwarrior, I chatted with a moderator once, and he said that it takes forever to make an icon. Although the b/w raptor would be easy(just change the blue), he said it takes an hour or so to make an icon. I have even tried to make my own. You just get a really good picture of your quad, and downsize it. Then, go do some editing, and put some lines on it... just to set it off.. It's simple, but yes, its very time consuming for the benefit.

Old 09-01-2001, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, and one more thing... About the moderators.. Have you guys ever seen how many replies/posts are made a day? I would hate to have to read all of them to check for potty words and bashing!! Yes, they are busy.. And they need our help!

Old 09-01-2001, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

The moderators obviously look at the content of what is being posted to determine whether you should be a pro rider or not. lonestarbanshee obviously doesn't have any value in his posts. Now mudmunster is obviously a Pro Rider in anyone's book. A 13 year older who has posted 230+ posts in about 2 months since joining this forum.

By the way, I am just kidding about the lonestarbanshee thing. He has given me valuable info many times on this forum. Maybe it has to do more with how many people respond to your posts...what kind of pets do you have?

Sorry to add my $.02 to this one but I thought it rather amusing. Damn, I will never make it beyond weekend warrior now.

Old 09-01-2001, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, NotuRaptor, I was crying when I read that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] (in a really booming voice) YOU'RE GOING TO BE A WEEKEND WARRIOR FOREVER!!! HA HA HA HAAAAAA

lol.. I'm just glad that this forum is here

By the way, I have a black cocker spaniel and a blue healer.. YOU??

Quick Reply: Why is lonestarbanshee not a Pro Rider with 532 posts on this forum.