Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How accurate is the info. on these forums?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 01:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems to get harder and harder eveyday to sort through whats true and false that posted on these forums. DS650 never lose to raptors and Raptors never lose to DS 650's. A modded 400ex will smoke a raptor, a stock 400ex will smoke a raptor( i have seen that happen once). Raptors are junk, banshee's rule. A 250ex will outrun a warrior for top speed, recons and bayou 220 go 60plus mph. Polaris sucks (maybe). Grizzlies can't powerslide, Kawi 650 wins on mx track. You need to carry a 5 gallon bucket with a rope attached to pick up the parts that fall off banshee's ( a good idea ). What is the deal? Is it the dreaded male or female ( polititly sp correct) ego? Youth?

P.S. I forgot that the mags sell out to who ever buys the most ads.

Old 09-04-2001, 08:25 AM
Pro Rider

Believe 75% of what you see (in person)
and 50% of what you read..

I can tell you that it seems we have so many people that never lose around here...

OK.. I have a raptor..
I lost on sand to just about everyone.... course I didn't have paddles and I weigh 300 pounds, both are bad for the sand.

I don't think power is everything, the 400 ex does handle better, no if ands or butts. Anyone you ask SHOULD tell you this. Will I ride one? Hell no!! I like the power my raptor has.

Point being?
Be happy with what you have
Have fun
Stop reading
Start riding...

As far as some of the tech stuff in here, it's semi to decently accurate. That's the only reason I come here. I want to share idea's and knowledge with other riders, but you'll never see me dragged into a this is faster that that threads.

And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's threads that are which quad is better, brand x or brand y. OK, they are both probably pretty damn good and fun, why not ask for the difference in both? Then make an informed desicion on which one will fit in your life better. THEN BUY IT AND RIDE!

Old 09-04-2001, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

good post banshee brad.

Old 09-04-2001, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

EGOS??? No egos here!! Yamahas suck...no it's Hondas that suck... polaris maybe? Now I remember which quads suck!!! Any quad that I don't own sucks!!! Yeah, thats the ticket!!!

As for getting info from posts... you can pretty much tell by reading the post if it's full of BS or not. Any post saying one quad is faster or better than another is pretty much BS. We all have our own style of riding so we buy the quad that fits our style preferences. But that doesn't make the quad you bought better than any others, just means it was the right quad for YOU!

Just keep reading and it won't take you long to seperate the BS from the facts.

Old 09-04-2001, 04:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just remember, if they say they have beaten a Banshee with pipes in sand, they dont know squat! All other info is up for debate...

RoostKing...

Old 09-04-2001, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Wow...

it took 15 hours (only cause he posted last night late) for someone to say something else couldn't be beat in a certain combination...

I figured this post would have happened many many hours ago...

OK, time to unlist myself from this thread... <sigh>

Remember, we're all having fun... right?
Brad

Old 09-04-2001, 08:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BansheeBrad,
I assume you are talking about my post. If you are, then I also assume that you know the banshee is almost unbeatable in the sand. If you havent ridden sand, then it might be easier to believe that I am simply talking smack cause I own a Banshee, but it is the truth and that is what I was talking about when I posted this.

RoostKing...

Old 09-04-2001, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Why do you have to believe what you read?
I got a shee because of the power rush...not because "a piped banshee will kill everything else". I don't really care about that. I do get frustrated when I get beat...but it's part of the game...and I do brag/talk about it in "drags posts" when I feel like wasting some time.
And again, I don't know how many times this will have to be said, but the rider makes the difference. If you can't shift, then your Turbo Raptor (just example with the lastest fashion victim) will be behind a 250EX (to name the typical beginner slow quad) ridden by an expert.
As for accuracy, you can't be accurate with race results. You describing ONE setup, ONE special day, with ONE special weather, and ONE special rider (with his ONE day mind), in ONE special terrain...etc.
But when you ask "how long is the shock of my 87 Quadsport?" (that no one cares about), you have all chances to get an accurate answer.

Have fun

Old 09-05-2001, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

<< As for accuracy, you can't be accurate with race results. You describing ONE setup, ONE special day, with ONE special weather, and ONE special rider (with his ONE day mind), in ONE special terrain...etc.
But when you ask &quot;how long is the shock of my 87 Quadsport?&quot; (that no one cares about), you have all chances to get an accurate answer.

Have fun
>>

This is actually a perfect example of racing. Setup, weather, rider, terrain all does make a difference. It makes a difference on the trail, on the drag trip, on the Nascar tracks, etc.The one day mind...hmmm...I guess that belongs to the winner!

I agree that sport/utility quads arent designed for racing. I bought my grizzly because of the power,not to run fast but rather to turn bigger tires better in the mud. But I gotta admit, it felt good watching a Grizzly outrun the Polaris SP700 the other day. It makes a person feel good when their quad(or one just like it) outruns the newest and biggest ATV onthe market.

Ive gotten some good information over the past 2 years on these forums, you just have to &quot;read between the lines&quot; and figure out who is here for the same reason you are, and who is here just to talk trash.