Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster keep up with Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-1999, 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can a 2000 Blaster keep up with a 2000 Warrior??? I know the Warrior has a faster top speed, but by how much? Which has better acceleration?????

Old 10-12-1999, 03:26 PM
bob
Trailblazer

rob, the warroir has more power than a blaster everywhere. yes its heavier but the motor and brakes make up for it in most riding. now even though its not as fast i think blasters are actually more fun, top end power isnt to far off the warroir once u figure in the weight, and throttle response on blasters seem much snappier to me. also, i felt considerably more comfortable jumping the blaster, if your considering these 2, id recomend u throw a 300ex into the mix, i never owned a 300ex myself, but i think its a better all around machine than either of the 2 yamahas

Old 10-13-1999, 01:20 AM
Trailblazer

Honda Sucks get a Warrior a 300ex sucks! Yamaha is the best atv and dirt and etc. making business in the world

Old 10-13-1999, 04:57 PM
bob
Trailblazer

yamaharules - did u have anything more to state other than a blairing opinion and saying "sucks"? and btw the last 4 machines ive owned were all yamaha. yet in this case im recommending a honda 300ex over 2 machines i have owned

Old 10-13-1999, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thought I would give my views on the subject while here. I have raced my Blaster against Warriors in FlatTrack racing and it is highly possible to make a blaster outrun one. However, as they come from the factory they are a little doggy. The absolute best thing to do is get a new pipe and jet kit. If you cannot afford this just get a silencer. My racing blaster has a LRD pipe, milled head, engine ported by Krank-it, 34mm carb and a bunch of other crap, but I can honestly say it isn't that much faster than one with an FMF pipe and a jet kit. Plus they are so much cheaper than a warrior and easy to work on, not to mention so much funner to ride!

Old 10-17-1999, 09:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

MY 98 BLASTER WILL BLOW A 98 WAR. OFF THE ROAD ON TOP &BOTTOM END MY ONLY MODS R SLIGHT CARB JETTING FATTY PIPE &P-CORE 2 SILENCER ALUM. WHEELS I ALSO TOOK OFF ALL THAT X-TRA JUNK LIKE THE FOOT GUARDS AND STUFF LIKE THAT ITLL FLY AND IVE ONLY GOT 18'S ON THE BACK WHEELS

Old 10-17-1999, 09:11 PM
Range Rover

blasters are faster taking off. the warriors brakes are better. the blaster jumps alot better and its wheelies are amazing.

Old 10-18-1999, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

Before everyone goes off on the subject. The original question asked was: Could a Blaster keep up with a Warrior? Now in my opinion no the Blaster can't keep up the Warrior. Yes I realize that there are somethings the Blaster does better and there are somethings the Warrior does better. So anyone owning a Blaster you have a good machine and anyone who owns a Warrior like me you have another good machine. Lets keep in mind that Yamaha will always rule.

[This message has been edited by 1BadWarrior (edited 10-18-1999).]

Old 10-24-1999, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

When I had my Warrior I was never beaten by a Blaster not once. My Warrior was bone stock tires and all.
Racing has allot to do with the driver too though, as well as the machine. I have seen good drivers with not so hot quads beat guys with fast quads but no idea how to get the most out of the power.
For all around use the Warrior is better than the Blaster yes it is a bit more expensive ok allot more, but it has reverse electric start and the reliable four stroke motor. Blasters are fun though I guess it really comes down to what one can afford and what a person is going to use it for. Me I drive a Polaris Xplorer now and would not ever own anything else. I would buy a Trail Blazer over a Blaster anyday, same price and the Trail Blazer has electric start , reverse and a 250 two stroke that really can be modified quite well.

Old 10-24-1999, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer

The Blaster is not in the same class as the Warrior. The Blaster is in a class of it's own and can't really be compared to anyother quad. But, for the record.

4-Wheel ATV Action, November 1999 list the Warrior with a top speed of 53MPH with a 177lb rider at 2,800' elevation. All stock.

I have personally clocked a stock '92 Blaster at 55MPH with a max small down hill speed of 59.7MPH by GPS. That's hulling my 180lb self on it at 1,500' elevation.

The Warrior is a adult size quad. Not something to learn on. The Blaster is for beginners. Something to lean on.

Don't recall the mag, but one did a shootout between the Trail Blazer and Blaster. Blaster won.

YFS200

Quick Reply: Blaster keep up with Warrior