Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Fuel Vent Hose

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-1999, 03:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been having problems with my new 2000 Warrior....it runs fine unless I do any type of aggressive riding (hill climbs, jumping, etc) causing it to sputter and miss below about 3000 rpms, almost as if it's flooding out due to a stuck float. I pulled the carb and didn't find anything obviously wrong, but after reinstalling it the problem seems to have gone away. I'm still concerned though...is a small amount of fuel at the end of the overflow tube okay? Fuel is not dripping out, but the end of the tube is constantly moist with a little fuel.

[This message has been edited by 2000_Warrior_350 (edited 10-25-1999).]

Old 10-25-1999, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like you possibly have a float needle valve sticking & not closing fully. Remove or loosen the carb so you can inspect the float and float tang. With carb upside down, the tang should rest on top of the needle valve but not depressing it. Then if that is correct remove the needle valve and using compressed air blow out the interior of the carb to dislodge any tiny dust or dirt particles, especially in the valve seat. It only takesa tiny grain of metal or dirt to prevent the float valve from closing fully, causing fuel to overfill the bowl & out the tube as you see.
If this doesn't cure the problem the it's possibly caused from the severe angle of the carb on steep hills or impact on landing from large jumps causing the float level to drop thereby releasing the pressure on the tang & allowing more gas to enter the carb.
I've never experienced that problem on jumps or hills but sometimes on fast, tight turns I've noticed a hiccup or two from fuel starving or flooding, as the case may be.

------------------
THE AZ HARD PACKER, calmiller@kachina.net

save the public land FOR you, not FROM you..join the Blue Ribbon Coalition online @ www.sharetrails.org

[This message has been edited by hot_shoe_cv (edited 10-25-1999).]