Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Not a "Skinny Raptor No Mo"

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 04:43 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for everyoneˇ¦s advice and suggestions. I have decided on the following for
My Raptor to be a ˇ§fattyˇ¨ not skinny nu-mo !

Here is the scoop.

Suspension:
„h Replacing the rear axle, with a Dura Blue Eliminator X-33 Axle.
„h Adding Razor 20x11x9 tires with Douglas .190 rims on the rear.
„h Lowering the front with dura blue lowering kit.
„h Adding 1.5-wheel spacers to the front.

Hope to get 47 ˇ§ width from 43.3

Performance:
„h Bought a Graydon air box w/K&N filter & cover.
„h Adding Graydon complete pipe.

Again thanks for the advice.

Pics of my Skinny Raptor

Old 09-19-2001, 05:43 AM
Pro Rider

You may want to go with the Lonestar axle instead of the DuraBlue. Lonestar offers a real lifetime guarantee not a "one time replacement" lifetime guarantee like DuraBlue offers. Also, the DuraBlue is a Banshee/Blaster/Raptor axle and lots of people have had problems with the DuraBlue not centering up correctly, the Lonestar is Raptor specific.

An overwhelming number of Raptor owners prefer, and will suggest, the Lonestar axle.

Just trying to save ya some grief[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Guy

Old 09-19-2001, 06:19 AM
Trailblazer

GuyRaptor;

Hey thanks for the info, You do have a good point!! I have reviewed many other posts with pople having Dura Blue axle problems.

Where do you guys ride at? We ride alot close to Columbus ar Wayne or Perry.
Maybe we will hook up.

Old 09-19-2001, 12:00 PM
Range Rover

I agree with GuyRaptor, lonestar is probably your better bet.

I addressed the Raptor's narrowness on mine too, In a slightly different manner. Added a lonestar axle, and a set of TimmyBoy +2+1 A-arms. Much Better (I didn't like those aluminium a-arms anyways).

Old 09-20-2001, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't run that durablu lowering kit on mx track you'll break it right off. If your flat tracking it will work out great.

Old 09-20-2001, 04:54 AM
Trailblazer

Chasman;

No intentions for the mx track, we ride alot of woods, WNF & Perry in Ohio.

Also after reviewing several posts. I have decided to put a Big Gun complete quiet exhaust on, rather than a Graydon, due to the fact, it sticks out about 1 1/2 past the grab bar and they where jack Azz's on the phone about a simple jet question.

Marty from the Quad shop hooked me up with 1" offset OMF wheels w/rings rather than buying wheel spacers. Going to match the rear with Razor's. Also going with the proflow w/K&N filter & some kind of cover.

Bad thing about the offset wheel, if I hit a tree hard enough, it will bend the tie-rod. Take my chance until I add a-arm kit.

Thanks for everybody's input.

Old 09-21-2001, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Just a note on the durablue vs lonestar, I have the durablue eliminator and my riding partner has the X-33, neither of us have had problems installing them. I have had lonestar on my last 3 quads and have never had any problems, either with warranty or installations, and I dont know anyone who has

Old 09-21-2001, 05:00 PM
Range Rover

i snapped a durablue eliminator in half,off of a small single,i had been hiting 75 foot doubles,30 seconds before, sent it back to my dealer,called durablue, they said i must have modified it cause, there stuff don't brake, well luckily my dealer hooked me up with a lonestar , instead of the durablue,the durablue looked nice but do not get it, i have saw 3 break on raptors,i could have been killed,you should have to try and ride out that crash, or seen my try and ride it out, then you could decide, also got the lonestar steering stem, very nice with tag bars, lonestar all the way, i will try and dig up those broke durablue pics